Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

News week of Jan 6?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is good intel. We know Tesla has guided to 21,500 cars in 2013, but most here probably expect a good Q4 and thus exceeding 22,000. So 2x that is 44,000. We also know Elon said a month ago they are producing 600 cars/week and that by the end of 2014 they want/expect to produce 800 a week. Those numbers now look conservative as a ramp from 600-800 over the year would yield about 35,000 cars. So they are positioned to exceed expectations. Good news.

And a battery factory would be good news too.

The 800 a week is an outdated guidance number. During the visit to Germany Elon gave interview in which he indicated that at that time Tesla was producing cars at 25 to 30K annualized rate and then indicated that the goal is doubling production in 2014. It is very likely that Tesla will produce and deliver more than 40K cars in 2014.

Cool. :cool: Do you know if we'll see the Super-Sport in 2014?

Raffy, It has been rumored that it will appear in 2014. Makes sense for a growing company. It will be a very high margin car I suspect as the cost has again, been rumored, to be close to 200K. Rumors fly around here all the time. I believe this one to be true. Will be out of my price range.:frown:

Found this from one of the '13 Detroit Auto show videos. This would be EPIC (as my grandchildren say)
I may have to upgrade my reservation to SIG.

qegyzuvu.jpg

If this rumor is true......An 85P+ S with AWD would have a slight increase in 0-60 mph time. IF...big IF...the Super S rumor is true it will have higher performance motors capable of 0-60mph in 3.0 seconds putting it ahead of Panamera Turbo.

And pricey! I think this will be the first Model S AWD announcement, maybe Q2, maybe sooner. And then we'll see Model S AWD as an option roll out when the Model X is also available.

And pricey! I think this will be the first Model S AWD announcement, maybe Q2, maybe sooner. And then we'll see Model S AWD as an option roll out when the Model X is also available.

I would trust Bonnie on this. My estimation of price for the SuperSport S: $175-200K. This will give huge margins. Make sense. My logic (take that for what it is worth...I thought VINs would lead us to the promised land in Q3ER!)

1. It would take little effort to add AWD to an existing assembly line for the model S and test the drive assembly out before rolling out the X.

2. The ramp up of the X will drain some cash (profit margin). Why not make a Super S (with higher performance motors) and sell it at a price point that keeps your quarterly margins at 25+%.

3. Elon is competitive. As much as he wants to bring EVs into every day life he also wants to do so with 'style'. I believe he would like nothing better than to kick European Auto manufacturers butts (sorry to my European TMC friends..no offense) and have a car capable of blowing away the Turbo Panamera, Maseratis and Ferraris of the world.

If this rumor is true......An 85P+ S with AWD would have a slight increase in 0-60 mph time. IF...big IF...the Super S rumor is true it will have higher performance motors capable of 0-60mph in 3.0 seconds putting it ahead of Panamera Turbo.

I am starting to have a really bad headache imagining all the convincing I will have to do first with self and then with my wife... Can we change the subject??

I'll go with the high end of AlMc's estimate: $200k. But think of the publicity it will generate, especially in the European market!

Plus, it will kick ass on the track. Not that I'm competitive or anything. But coming in second only means you're the first loser.

OK, admittedly this is throwing tinder on the smoldering desires expressed above, but recently we purchased one of the Founder's Series cars. When I asked the person who was selling it why they were doing so, they said 'I'm looking forward to getting the new sports car'. Since this was back a couple months ago, I didn't think much of it, in fact I imagined he was talking about a new roadster a few years from now. All this super sport discussion perhapssheds some light on that.

OK, admittedly this is throwing tinder on the smoldering desires expressed above, but recently we purchased one of the Founder's Series cars. When I asked the person who was selling it why they were doing so, they said 'I'm looking forward to getting the new sports car'. Since this was back a couple months ago, I didn't think much of it, in fact I imagined he was talking about a new roadster a few years from now. All this super sport discussion perhapssheds some light on that.
This makes sense... They probably just got it before to test it and such. Which founder?