Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nextgen Seats or Premium Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To stay within the budget I'd like, I need to choose either the Nextgen Seats or the Premium Interior. The vehicle I test drove had the Nextgen seats, and the bolsters were actually a bit much for me, but I was looking for an all leather seat that had less chance to get stained. It's hard to tell what the material is of the stock seat. What are people's thoughts?

To stay within the budget I'd like, I need to choose either the Nextgen Seats or the Premium Interior. The vehicle I test drove had the Nextgen seats, and the bolsters were actually a bit much for me, but I was looking for an all leather seat that had less chance to get stained. It's hard to tell what the material is of the stock seat. What are people's thoughts?

Personally, I thought that the nextgen seats were definitely worth the price. Theres a huge difference between standard and nextgen. To be honest, you wont notice the prem interior as much.

To stay within the budget I'd like, I need to choose either the Nextgen Seats or the Premium Interior. The vehicle I test drove had the Nextgen seats, and the bolsters were actually a bit much for me, but I was looking for an all leather seat that had less chance to get stained. It's hard to tell what the material is of the stock seat.
The base (which is what I think you mean by "stock") seats are "textile" material, meaning "not leather".
If you want leather seats you have to get the optional "Next Gen" seats. No other choice for leather seats.

So i just got off the phone with my DS and he said my car will enter production late next week (last week of february) but he still thinks delivery will be early to mid march. What do you guys think? I'm picking up in NJ. Is that possible or should I expect end of march delivery?

I Bought an inventory model and it had textile seats and premium interior. I wanted nextgen, but after seeing textile
i wasn't disappointed anymore. The premium with liftgate, interior, lighting, lighted door handles are great, but the fog lamps make the car look vicious at night. Either choice is a good choice in my opinion.

I purchased the textile seats after only test driving 2 nextgen vehicles and don't regret it. I actually miss the textile seats when getting loaner cars. (I miss the autopilot more.). The textile feels better on my body.

I have both the NextGen seat seats (grey) and Premium Interior in my 70D. Today I also happen to be driving a loaner 2014 85 with grey leather seats (non-NextGen) and without premium interior, while my car is at the SC.

I'd have to say now that I'm driving this loaner, by comparison the premium interior is much nicer than the non-premium - e.g. the faux(?)-leather on the doors and dash is nowhere near as nice as the premium interior leather door panels and alcantara dash. I had not driven in a Model S without the premium interior prior to today. I am very glad I chose both the next gen seats and premium interior.

However, if I had to choose only one of the two options, I would pick the NextGen seats. IMO far more comfortable with better support/good side-bolsters, look and feel much nicer than the older style leather which it seems are no longer available. I would miss the power liftgate which only comes with the premium interior, but I guess you can live without that. The premium interior also has interior accent lighting in the doors etc but that's not essential IMO.

OTOH If you really don't like the feel of the NextGen seat's deep side bolsters, then in your case I'd vote for the Premium Interior.

After owning cars with leather seats for years, I had enough of it. I like the Tesla textile. If you haven't seen it - it is not 100% textile. I am ordering our second Model S also with standard seats.