Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nick/small indentation that i didn't notice till 4 days after delivery question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i got my Model S last week on Thursday.
On Sunday the guy detailing my car pointed out to me a scratch in the left light and nick in the bumper next to the light.
I called the Tesla Houston service center on Monday and emailed them some pictures of it. They called me back that afternoon and said that they had done a detailed walk around of the vehicle and did not notice anything when it was delivered.
They then said, looking at the picture, that it was likely damage due to a rock or road debris when i was driving around the last four days.

Would y'all take a look at this picture and tell me if you think this was caused by road debris or rocks?

Thanks,

H

Attachments

• IMG_3223.JPG
    IMG_3223.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 452
I agree with their observation due to the small scuff on the lense just ahead of the larger dent. It really looks like something kicked up and scuffed the lense then impacted the fender area and caused it.

Just an FYI - I was surprised how cheap it was to get some minor issues like that corrected on my car. After 1 year and ~15k miles I have collected a couple of small imperfections like that and it was ~$400 to get them all fixed. A reputable body shop can get it all taken care of.

hard to tell where that is, front bumper fog light? I mean after 33k miles and high speed highway driving behind trucks and stuff and I know I've been pounded by rocks before, I've never seen one take a chunk out of the car like that. Is that the aluminum thats missing a chunk?

I really think they should fix this just as a good faith gesture if nothing else. Remember in the beginning when windshields were cracking? I'm sure they replaced more than a handful that were caused by road debris. Yeah, there are limits but 4 days isn't the limit imho. We can't have Service Centers start acting like the dealerships that drove us away in the first place. Tesla IS, and has to remain different, and better.