Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nissan Leaf Breaks Electric Car Convoy Record With 225 Cars, let's do it with our S??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I love the idea of a Worldwide or at least Countrywide convoy and yes, I am organizing now for a date in the late Spring / early Summer to pull it off. A co-organiser would be awesome too because I suck at this sort of thing but want to get it going so much that I am trying... :)

I know we have more then 25 in the Bay Area alone right now. Heck, the very first 8 for the most part stayed in the Bay Area IIRC.

If we all start from Fremont, and could all get a charge there before leaving, we could do a 200 mile groupie thing. I only live 100 miles away, but would love to join in. Broder says he can't make it because he can't figure out the Range Mode at the Supercharger Station, but we can still do it!

25 in Bay area? Heck, I bet we have 25 in Napa Valley.

Did I type 25? My bad, I wanted to say that I think we have more then 225 Model S' in the entire greater San Francisco Bay Area at this point? Maybe? This is why I am also recruiting early, we can start tossing out dates or if someone knows a date in the next 6 months with historical significance to do this on that lands on a weekend, that would be great! I'm thinking a Saturday morning/afternoon would be the best for everyone and traffic wise as well?

If the worldwide tour swings by LA, I'm sure you could get several additional owners to join you, although you clearly have a higher concentration of Teslas in the Bay Area. You should contact Eric and Renee from the Tesla LA club if you head down south. Incidentally, we didn't break the Nissan Leaf EV convoy record, but did have 13 Model S and Roadster owners meet up for a ride on Mulholland Canyon two weeks ago.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 430
If the worldwide tour swings by LA, I'm sure you could get several additional owners to join you, although you clearly have a higher concentration of Teslas in the Bay Area. ....

We'd be happy to be a part of a world record. :)
Washington state has a bigger turnout at their meetups though. The Bay area is in center-ish. Florida also is an active group.

I would think we could meet at the Fremont factory. Are they working Sundays? Either way, there's a whole mess of parking lot not really getting used. We'd probably want to give Tesla a heads up on what we were doing. We might also want to alert some news agency.

I would think we would want to go at exactly the speed limit. I would think we'd want to use fewer than half the lanes on any multi-lane road that we used (i.e., we'd generally want to stay in a single lane).

If we made a loop around the Dumbarton, 101, and 237, it would be about 43 miles.

I like the suggestion to go clockwise to save on the toll.

We could also just do a 6 mile loop between AutoMall, 680, Mission, and 880.

I still think that doing longer than 43 miles is suboptimal.

Perhaps the next thing we need is a date. Summer usually sees more people on vacation, so perhaps we want to do it before school gets out? In general, I would think Sunday morning would be better as there would be fewer cars on the road, but would we have too many owners with church conflicts on Sunday? Would Saturday morning be better?

7/13, right? 85 days, 19 hours from now...
I wouldn't mind knowing what Teslive is, but that seems the subject material of a different thread.

Ah, I am not as observant as I appear! I see the countdown in the upper right hand corner of this site and if you click the TESLIVE icon it take you to the TESLIVE threads. So June 13, that's on a Thursday and although it's not a weekend, it's still an event sure to bring a good number of Model S'

I'm game!