Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No “T” on charging port

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I open my charge port the T led comes on for a split second then off. Then I get an error on the screen saying charge port LEDs May not illuminate. Has anyone Dealt with this?
7C15CF8F-4C31-4C15-B08F-BBC269BE087C.jpeg

On most Model 3s, the "T" logo lights up and blinks for a while when charging begins, but then goes away after a while (a minute? Five minutes? I'm not sure how long). It sounds like there's something wrong with yours, but it's not exactly a high-priority repair. If I were you, I'd either wait until the next scheduled maintenance to have it fixed for see if a mobile service visit might be able to fix it; I wouldn't bother taking it in to handle this exact problem.

When I open my charge port the T led comes on for a split second then off. Then I get an error on the screen saying charge port LEDs May not illuminate. Has anyone Dealt with this?View attachment 478592

You have a defect with the LED that is detected by the computer. It does not affect charging, so you can choose whether to have it serviced or not.

Quite a smart system that it can detect a faulty LED.

Reactions: eprosenx