Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No connectivity and black screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, I have had my LR model Y for about a week now. Everything was going well until 2 days ago, I entered my car after work and I saw a "Not connected" sign on the screen, and then it just went black. The interior lights turned off as well. When I opened my Tesla app, the car seemed to be just stuck on "waking up". I did a soft reboot and everything was fine again. The same thing happened again today, this time in the morning, with the tesla connected to my home wifi. A soft reboot fixed the problem again.

I was wondering if this is normal for a new tesla, or should I get it looked at? The last thing I want is for the screen to blackout while I am driving.

Well, I've only had mine for a day and the screen went "crazy" today and I had to perform the soft reboot to get it working again. Menus kept jumping up/dn, but I couldn't select anything. It's not the same as what happened to you but my guess is that with this much tech in a vehicle, and frequent software updates, there's bound to be a hiccup or two. I was just discussing with my wife how scary it would be for the whole system to crash while driving at highway speed.

FTR I'm on V2020.36.12. What software version are you running?