Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

No DA assigned, and no answer to my question. Please advise.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, first post here. Great to be part of the forum.

I placed an order on a M3 at a Tesla store on 11/14 night. Got a VIN assigned about 15 minutes after the order, and a delivery date was scheduled for 11/21 (!?). I was very pleasantly surprised given that I'd really want to get the $7500 rebate.

While reviewing/confirming my order, I noticed that the total amount due includes sales tax of the state where my car is (or will be) located. I shouldn't be paying that sales tax because I live in the next state over that has no sales tax (but there's a property tax due to the state/local government at registration, so it pretty much evens out). Rather than confirming the order outright, I sent an email asking about getting that removed to [email protected] the same night, so far I haven't heard anything. I also tried to call customer service and the wait time was insanely long.

And no DA has contacted me yet.

I would have contacted the OD who helped me with the order, but she's on vacation. :(

Do you have any suggestion on what I should do next to ensure that my delivery date won't slip? Thanks in advance!

Shouldn’t be an issue in your state. For my orders, someone contacted me directly 3-4 days prior to delivery AND they produced a “final” MVPA that had my correct contract. I would imagine that you would hear from someone today or tomorrow.

Shouldn’t be an issue in your state. For my orders, someone contacted me directly 3-4 days prior to delivery AND they produced a “final” MVPA that had my correct contract. I would imagine that you would hear from someone today or tomorrow.
Thanks for your reply. In your experiences, did you confirm the original amount to get the process going? I haven't confirmed and I wonder if that's blocking things. Thanks again!

Thanks to others' replies/heads-up too!

Thanks for your reply. In your experiences, did you confirm the original amount to get the process going? I haven't confirmed and I wonder if that's blocking things. Thanks again!

Thanks to others' replies/heads-up too!
Yes, enter the information that you have (i.e. - registration, insurance (if required in your state), payment info. etc). they will all change to check marks eventually. Once you have that ready, if you don't hear from them, I would call.

Fyi - I don't have any inside info. Just my recommendation based on what I've seen from the forums.

Last edited: