Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No holes parking sensors for USS-less MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi I have just been looking at the Proxel Electromagnetic sensor - was going to ask the same thing ! Seems insane that we are having to consider such things. Model Y is currently on hold ( was supposed to be picking up tomorrow )whilst I wait and see if the USS sh*t storm subsides. Few initial thoughts :
(1) How to get access from the bumper through into the boot
(2) How to get access to the rear reverse light for power. Is this even 12v , and is it controlled via CAN bus or similar ?

Attachments

• Mounting_instructions_EPS-DUAL_4.0.pdf
    785.8 KB · Views: 68
Hi I have just been looking at the Proxel Electromagnetic sensor - was going to ask the same thing ! Seems insane that we are having to consider such things. Model Y is currently on hold ( was supposed to be picking up tomorrow )whilst I wait and see if the USS sh*t storm subsides. Few initial thoughts :
(2) How to get access to the rear reverse light for power. Is this even 12v , and is it controlled via CAN bus or similar ?
If you connect to any wiring for the rear lights you will invalidate your warranty.

Just been told that anything that connects to the reverse light power will invalidate the warranty. Grrrrrr!

Reactions: Zedbox
Zedbox - see earlier post in this thread.
I don't know what the laws are like in the UK, but in the US the onus is on the manufacturer to prove that your modification damaged a part, and the warranty can only be rescinded for parts that are affected by your modification. Given the number of heavily modified teslas I see that do far more than tap a wire for power, and that Tesla uses e-fuses with sophisticated monitoring, I would not be very concerned, though I am skeptical that this solution will approach the quality of the USS equipped cars given there are 12 sensors constantly emitting proximity information on the perimeter of the car.

Everyone here seems to be ignoring the obvious. Adding the sensors is relatively easy. You could do that with duct tape (in theory). Getting the car to recognize and use them, not so easy. Even if you had compatible sensors (same as oem), you often have to have an engineer, not just mobile service, turn that feature on in the config. There's lots of stories here of people adding missing power lumbar or matrix headlights, that the car doesn't recognize and don't work.