Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No intermittent wipers or cruise control with update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First time posting here.

I have a 2018 model S. Haven't had any major issues with it. I didn't drive it for about 3 weeks over the holidays. Went out to drive today, looks like it was downloading an update (2023.44.30.8)? It said 100%, but the notification wouldn't go away.

Anyhow, I noticed that I don't have intermittent wipers and no cruise control. These functions worked before. Any other owners having similar issues?

First time posting here.

I have a 2018 model S. Haven't had any major issues with it. I didn't drive it for about 3 weeks over the holidays. Went out to drive today, looks like it was downloading an update (2023.44.30.8)? It said 100%, but the notification wouldn't go away.

Anyhow, I noticed that I don't have intermittent wipers and no cruise control. These functions worked before. Any other owners having similar issues?
Yes, agree seems like I lost my intermittent wipers also.

Interesting, similar situation? Right after the update? This is the first time I've had an issue after a software update.

I wonder if there are other issues too? Wipers and cruise control are what I've noticed so far.

What do you do? Just patiently wait for another update?

Dash (and app) still say "downloading software update"...after 3 days. I tried the scroll button thing, it reset but promptly said the same thing.

Still no cruise control or wipers, which worked fine before. Opened a ticket on the app. It's been crickets...

Called the local service center, on hold for 40 min and gave up.

Got my fingers crossed I'll figure this out soon!

Yeah, looking at posts that might be a thing. Seems like most people realized it after a software update?

Honestly, I don't care so much about the wipers as much as the cruise control not working. It's just frustrating when something used to work before and a software update rendered it non-functional.

Isn’t the thing called “driving a car” if you get in and start to drive? Never mind. Haven’t you heard of a thumb-wheel restart or that suggested wheel change restart?
The car is a basically very big computer on wheels then it can be restarted as you have done with your handheld version’s constantly. These scroll wheels on steering wheel can be held down briefly to perform this on your car. It’s commonly advised to perform that after each firmware update to set all right again. Mind you not to use force on the scroll wheels…
And that wheels change function is basically the same but somehow it performs it much deeper as if you would see on server cold-restart. You need to select on the screen menu Service and then select Wheel configuration. You can select different size and look for your in-car avatar with this and then the car will perform much deeper restart. This is actually needed each time you change the circumstances of the wheels as the car will use that settings for the system to function properly. As in your case it is not needed and you have to set the value back to your previous settings. Obviously it will perform another restart as explained before.

I know that saga and I never suggested that this will bring back functions that Tesla have broken with the updates. I tried to explain to OP functionalities that seems has not been cleared to. And I would think that lost cruise control might be restored…

Thanks for your insights. I'll try it out and see what happens. I'll change the wheel size and do the two finger restart.

I haven't really had any software issues until this point. I just hope it's not one of those iPhone things where software updates renders something that used to work (just fine) as an operable.

Wish me luck!

Update. I turned the wifi off and reset the system. The update that keeps getting stuck is now waiting to download... I did not turn wifi back on.

The intermittent wipers are now working (great) but still no cruise control (darn).

I'm afraid to reconnect wifi and end up in the same situation again. I talked to service, they are creating a ticket and looking into it. Super nice guy!

The service advisor suggested it was likely software related and has something to do with the update getting stuck. Hopefully I'll know more soon.

My 2023 Model Y LR has been hung up at 100% for about 10 days. I sent in a service request on app and after waiting for a week with no response I called and Tesla said they would send a text message to the local service center to contact me. No contact, but two days later I got a notice of a service appointment for Feb. 16th! Another 80 mile one-way trip :(. At least all my stuff still works (at the moment)

Sounds similar to my experience. After multiple attempts, I'm getting the same error, downloading 100%.... despite any resets or tech help over the phone. It just keeps getting stuck.

I too put in a service request using the app, it was definitely crickets until I called a few days later and actually spoke to someone.

In terms of the wipers, after I did the (scroll wheel) reset and turned off Wi-Fi (to prevent download from even starting), I found my intermittent wipers started working, go figure?

But, cruise control auto steering, any autopilot functions are still unavailable after attempting to download the most recent update...

I have an appointment next week. Hopefully they'll get things sorted. Guess I'll find out.

Reactions: KalJoMoS