Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No local Dealership

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would like to purchase a Tesla but the nearest dealership is 3-1/2 hours away. I live in central Kansas. People have told me it is not a problem as they will come to me for service, but I would like some feedback on this.

Rod
Tesla does do Mobile Service where they send a car or van out to do maintenance and simple repairs on cars. They've been down to my place a couple of times to replace a blurred-out camera, some minor fix-it after delivery, and stuff like that.

Anything serious and the car has to be towed on a flatbed.

Rumors are that if you're far enough away you won't even get the mobile service.

Best way to find out: Call the nearest Service Center (it's not, really, a dealership, although it may look like one); might take a little work, but, then, just ask if you're in the service area for mobile service. If you are, then you know.

Come to think of it.. On another forum (not TMC) the regulars shepherded a fellow living in Minot, ND through the setup of getting a M3 out his way. Given the cold weather, he really needed to get a 240VAC charging connection for his potential new car; his landlord thought it was cool, and went for it. Last I heard he was popping around the place without trouble. At the time the nearest Supercharger was over 100 miles away.. Looks like it's still like that.