Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Model 3 fires to date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: 0ptions
  • Informative
Reactions: T-Will
So why don’t the headlines ever say “Chevrolet driver suspected of DUI”, or “Audi crashes into restaurant”?

Why is it OK for them to call out Tesla by name, but everything else is just “Car” or “Auto”?

Right? And also, why do they have great white shark washes up on beach and not "marine animal"!

They do have another headline "Mercedes driver flees after hitting 69 yo, 72 yo riding moped."

Looking at the footage, it seems like the plastics under the car were on fire, but that the pack itself was not. The foam they're using wouldn't have been enough to extinguish the pack if it had gone up, and given the car crashed into what is likely a transformer, I'm not going to call this a Model 3 fire.

The oil from the transformer likely caught fire, and like I said from the footage it seems the plastics under the car caught fire, but the pack didn't. This thread's intent seemed to be battery fires rather than just cars engulfed in flames. If it was about the latter, then all the cars that burned in the California wildfires count and this isn't even close to #1.

Looking at the footage, it seems like the plastics under the car were on fire, but that the pack itself was not. The foam they're using wouldn't have been enough to extinguish the pack if it had gone up, and given the car crashed into what is likely a transformer, I'm not going to call this a Model 3 fire.

The oil from the transformer likely caught fire, and like I said from the footage it seems the plastics under the car caught fire, but the pack didn't. This thread's intent seemed to be battery fires rather than just cars engulfed in flames. If it was about the latter, then all the cars that burned in the California wildfires count and this isn't even close to #1.
I agree. The purpose of this thread is to see if the model 3 battery pack is less fire prone than the S and X. If the cause of the fire is external, you can't really count that against the Model 3.

Reactions: DrDabbles