Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more auto-dimming mirrors on Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For people interested in trying a retrofit - it looks like if you don’t have them they don’t include the harness for connecting them either. Here’s a picture of my July build:

88971994-889F-4BBD-BDB4-E8261D4C2293.jpeg

If the wires are just supplying power to the auto-dimming feature and the voltage is the same as the heat wires, then theoretically you could just splice into them to install auto-dimming ones.

• Informative
Reactions: Durzel
The wire ought to be just providing voltage, but it would be triggered by a signal. If you spliced into the heating wire then it would change whenever you used the rear delisted demister. And that’s assuming it’s the same voltage, and that’s a big ask.

I’d say I’d you don’t have the right harness then you’re probably screwed.

What would be interesting to know is if the harness leading up to the connector has the dimming wires, and it’s just past the connector that doesn’t. In theory it could be possible that the car is sending the dimming voltage up to that connector but beyond that it has nowhere to go, if that makes sense.

Depends entirely on how much of the harness was changed.