Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more auto-dimming mirrors on Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you post a picture of your mirror glass? Reasonably up close, please!

Is this what you are looking for?

Can you post a picture of yours with auto-dimming enabled for reference?..side mirrors and rear view?

Attachments

• IMG_0606.JPG
    IMG_0606.JPG
    232.5 KB · Views: 413
lol, no no. The side mirror! The internal mirror I believe is auto-dimming for everyone, period. It's just the side mirrors that are not as of... sometime in the last few weeks.

My bad, how's this?

If what you're saying is true, I can't tell whether the rear view auto dimming is on or not.

Can you post a screenshot of it being on?

Attachments

• IMG_0607.JPG
    IMG_0607.JPG
    309.8 KB · Views: 376
My bad, how's this?

If what you're saying is true, I can't tell whether the rear view auto dimming is on or not.

Can you post a screenshot of it being on?

Not really. It doesn’t show up in pictures well, and it’s not dark out here yet. Your side mirrors look like indeed they do not have the auto dimming feature. Do you see any outline around the edge of the mirror? A clearer picture of the actual lens would help.

Not really. It doesn’t show up in pictures well, and it’s not dark out here yet. Your side mirrors look like indeed they do not have the auto dimming feature. Do you see any outline around the edge of the mirror? A clearer picture of the actual lens would help.

Ahh ok, is this darker outline around the edge what you are referring to?

I see that dark outline on my rear view and side mirrors.

Attachments

• IMG_0608.JPG
    IMG_0608.JPG
    304.3 KB · Views: 369
Says 12/2019 on the top right so December of 2019 but I do have the grey performance rims and my insurance and registration and new car also says 2020 Tesla model 3.
From my polling of members on this forum and on the fb group it breaks down like this:

2020 built in February 2020 or later = no dimming
Anything built before February 2020 = dimming side mirrors

Edited to remove the SR+ reference.

Last edited: