Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more free access to the toll lanes in Los Angeles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
did anyone else get the email this morning from metro expresslanes stating that tolls on the i10 &i110 will be charged starting March 1 even with the red or purple hov sticker?

Was there any earlier notification? I don't remember any.

I called Kathryn Barger's office (she's my county supervisor and on the metro board). Her transportation person was shocked that there was no previous notification as this was apparently decided in April 2018.

If you are interested in speaking out there is a metro board meeting Thursday 1/24. Here is a link to the entire board of directors..... Board Administration

did anyone else get the email this morning from metro expresslanes stating that tolls on the i10 &i110 will be charged starting March 1 even with the red or purple hov sticker?

I called Kathryn Barger's office (she's my county supervisor and on the metro board). Her transportation person was shocked that there was no previous notification as this was apparently decided in April 2018.

If you are interested in speaking out there is a metro board meeting Thursday 1/24. Here is a link to the entire board of directors..... Board Administration
Yes, this was a topic of discussion on this forum back in April. One Board member specifically targeted "rich Tesla owners." (I think it was Najarian). Good Luck!

https://jalopnik.com/la-is-dropping-free-rides-for-clean-air-cars-in-carpool-1825624336

• Informative
Reactions: Curb71