Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more phone audio can be heard with Pixel 5 and 2023 Model y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my model y about a week ago and my phone used to connect just fine and I was able to hear my phone calls through the car.

As of yesterday I can no longer hear any audio in the calls, and it hasn't returned with reboots. Never had this problem in my 2018 P3D, with the same phone. I am going to try another phone next but does anyone have any other ideas?

I had the same problem occur today in my MY LR that we just bought last week. My Bluetooth worked fine until the last two days after adding my wife as a second Tesla profile and switching her profile over to the primary. Since doing so I have had nothing but problems using my phone with the vehicle.
Bluetooth shows as “connecting….” in the Tesla but it never connects. I have had to reboot the Tesla screen using the two steering wheel method and then completely remove and re-add the Bluetooth connection to my phone from the Tesla - and it still won’t play Bluetooth audio. Here’s a screenshot from my phone where it thinks it it connected to the Tesla - but the Tesla is not playing any sound:

BB84C814-AA22-4600-AF01-BE106681033D.jpeg

There’s a reason every other automobile manufacturer has adopted CarPlay/Android Auto - the software actually works well and it works every time without fail. I’ve had CarPlay in my RAM 1500 for five years working flawlessly. The fact that Tesla makes owners deal with the limitations of Bluetooth connectivity from a device that most people depend on as part of their daily lives (their smartphones) is really inexcusable at the end of the day. Their steaming software in the Tesla is tolerable at best in comparison. Perhaps Tesla will wise up at some point?

Last edited: