Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No parking permit for parking at disabled parking lot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No parking permit for parking at disabled parking lot? Just see these all happening at SC Station ,and other charging port even empty!

Attachments

• IMG_0976.jpeg
    IMG_0976.jpeg
    866.3 KB · Views: 106
I don't know if that spot and others like it, meet the requirements to be a real accessible parking space.

Accessible parking spaces must be located on the shortest accessible route to the accessible entrance. And they are supposed to have an accessible aisle with diagonal lines to prevent people from parking in it.

I’ve noticed almost every new supercharger install in California has at least one accessible space. I suspect there are incentive dollars available for ADA improvements and Tesla has been very effective at going after them to drive costs down.

Many stations I’ve been to have the accessible space marked “use last” or similar.

It’s unreasonable to think that these spaces are going to be exclusively used by disabled Tesla owners with placards. Most of them are pretty terrible accessible spaces to begin with, usually in the far corner of a parking lot where superchargers tend to be located. I’ve had no issue using one when necessary (but usually do choose another space if one is available).

Last edited:
I’ve noticed almost every new supercharger install in California has at least one accessible space. I suspect there are incentive dollars available for ADA improvements and Tesla has been very effective at going after them to drive costs down.

Many stations I’ve been to have the accessible space marked “use last” or similar.

It’s unreasonable to think that these spaces are going to be exclusively used by disabled Tesla owners with placards. Most of them are pretty terrible accessible spaces to begin with, usually in the far corner of a parking lot where superchargers tend to be located. I’ve had no issue using one when necessary (but usually do choose another space if one is available).

In California it's perfectly legal to use them if you are charging even if you don't have a placard.

• Informative
Reactions: ucmndd