Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No range anxiety but............sometimes we need a reminder

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this weekend we did some country driving in the 60D S. On the way home we decided to go off the beaten path and make some stops along the way. I rarely even worry about range and "just drive".
My wife who does not even acknowledge that we are driving electric :) asked "do we have enough juice to get home" while we were in Nowhere USA. So now I am taken out of my calm , country driving revelry and realize she might have a point :)
Oh, snap! Time to start calculating.

Side note: My supercharger capability is not working and I have a service appt. this Friday 10/14th.

So SCing is not an option and I don't want to park at a hotel for 2 hours to charge in the middle of the day.
Try to put in the destination home and the GPS is not working to give me an accuracy reading. I do NOT want to re-set the computer here in Nowhere USA and have it die on me, so I go with the phone. As usual. :mad:
We are 115 miles from home with a rated range of 130 miles. Great, now it's time to shut off the A/C and drive like a reasonable person. :mad: Temperture is 70 degrees so not really an issue.
So, back to the parkway and kept it under 70MPH and arrived home w/o any problems. This is just a quick story but shows how little range anxiety I have now. It is a reminder to get my head out of the clouds though and remember I can't just stop at the closest gas station.
Speaking of gas, I filled up my wife's car the other day and..........................that's another story :)

Reactions: JPUConn