Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Resume?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

radiocycle

Supporting Member
Apr 13, 2017
Portland, OR
I don't have the enhanced cruse control, but I would've thunk that the standard cruse control would have a 'resume' control. No mention of it in the manual that I could find. So, do I have to reset the speed every time I step on the brake? Seems a little archaic if so; my last few vehicles with cruse all had a resume function even my '98 Ford Ranger pickup.

r

I rarely ever used the resume function on the older cruise control on my ICE vehicles. I always just ended up turning it off, back on and then setting my current speed, then bumping the speed up and down. I don't miss it, I guess some people would. I find the digital scroll wheels to be more effective.

It doesn't make a lot of sense in this car really. Most other cars need the "resume" feature because they don't know any speed at all, and they're not aware of anything. That's really the key differentiation -- this is aware of traffic and it's aware of the speed limit, so it doesn't need a resume.

Reactions: KG M3
It doesn't make a lot of sense in this car really. Most other cars need the "resume" feature because they don't know any speed at all, and they're not aware of anything. That's really the key differentiation -- this is aware of traffic and it's aware of the speed limit, so it doesn't need a resume.

Standard cruise control (no AP) is not aware of traffic.