Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No transportation if service appointment is under 3h, normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Usually, I go to another service centre but this time I booked it at a closer service centre and got a text saying that since they believe the appointment will take up to 3 hours, I should prepare to wait at the service centre and no complimentary transportation/transportation credits will be provided.

They also said to make sure to disable TeslaCam and any other third-party installed dashcams before arriving at the SC.

Is this normal for most Tesla SC? The one I usually go to never mention such a thing so found this weird, not sure if it's normal or not.

Usually, I go to another service centre but this time I booked it at a closer service centre and got a text saying that since they believe the appointment will take up to 3 hours, I should prepare to wait at the service centre and no complimentary transportation/transportation credits will be provided.

They also said to make sure to disable TeslaCam and any other third-party installed dashcams before arriving at the SC.

Is this normal for most Tesla SC? The one I usually go to never mention such a thing so found this weird, not sure if it's normal or not.

That is absolutely correct. I just back from a SC in Canada. If service takes less than 4 hours, you will only receive uber dollars. No loaner will be allowed.

That is absolutely correct. I just back from a SC in Canada. If service takes less than 4 hours, you will only receive uber dollars. No loaner will be allowed.

Oh, they'll give Uber credits? At least that should be fine, from the wording of the text it seemed like they wouldn't even give that.

"Unless otherwise indicated between now and your appointment check-in, please be prepared to wait at the service centre"