Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No upgrades since v2020.48.37.8

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, all

I have a model S, 2016 mcu1.
The last software update was several months ago, v2020.48.37.8 (yes, that was in sept 2021, so the naming convention didn’t exactly hold). Any clues why? I’m assuming the older MCU is the reason I’m ignored for any new features including security updates, but is this just another form of ageism?
Like many slightly maturer things in society (perhaps including this writer), it works just fine and maybe I don’t want v11 or to have my DAB radio disabled. But I’d like to be kept abreast of things - that was the deal to which I subscribed when I took the plung 5.5years ago.

I also purchased FSD. Was hoping that it would still be honored. Anyone have insight? Or of a class action lawsuit?
1650761265132.png

Lawsuit would be difficult when you agreed to this understanding of the features.

Upvote 0
My 2017 MCU1 FSD Model S just started downloading 2021.24.28 after being stuck on a 2020 build for the last year and a half.

We'll see if it changes anything. Sure would be nice to get a glimpse of the FSD I paid for 5 years ago.
I will say, the reason is MCU1. I also have a 12/2017 Model S (build 09/2017) with FSD upgraded to MCU2 and HW3 and I got all new realeases (last one was yesterday 2022.18.3.1).

Upvote 0