Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No water condensation from the air conditioning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my model 3 for six months. I never see any air conditioning water condensation ever in on my garage floor like every other car I have had. The ac started smelly right after I got the car. I just want to know where is all the water going? Anyone else experience this ? Thank you.

I get same issue here too, been trying to google if anyone had same issue, came to this thread, seems I'm not alone.
21 Model Y less than 10k miles,
I checked under console for any water puddles like some Korean videos have shown, but its all dry. any one figure it out?

Wow that’s crazy. Must be what my car is doing because it is dry all the time.
Uh, well I wonder what your relative humidity is out there in the desert. I never see any dripping from my car and it works perfectly. There just isn't much of any moisture in the air up here at typical 9% RH to create any condensation.

As a side note, I find it to be entertaining when someone worries about NOT seeing water. In other threads they worry about SEEING water. I guess we all need something new to worry about. :)

it is NOT normal if you turn on A/C without water dripping. Either your underbody panel is containing all the water or something else goes wrong. My place is 40% humidity, the A/C starts dripping water after a minute or so. Make sure the water leave the car so it won't create mold inside.

If your A/C smells like *sugar*, just change the air filter.