Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No winter tires in stock for 19" anywhere

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Looking for some general advice. Super ignorant in this area, and have tried researching but wanted to ask for help.

Went through all my local retailers, along with TireRack, Discount, etc, and then even went to a shop to have them look to see if they could find something. No winter tires anywhere, no ability to order on back order, no dates available for when they will be there.

What do I do now? I didn't want to spend more money and get new tires+wheels, but is that my only option? I need winter tires in the next ~3 weeks or so.

If the only option is tires+wheels, what's the best bet? I was planning to eventually get black wheels, but honestly preferred they were 19" so I could swap the summer tires and winter tires back and forth on the black or the gemini.
  • If I have to go not-19", What's best in snow? 18" or 20"?
  • What's the best way to shop for "Tesla Compliant" winter tire+wheel packages?

Making a note for next year after I take delivery I guess around June. Will probably get a second set of wheels, maybe research 18 inch, potentially steel, like we do around here in SV for winter sets, and some of the usual suspect Nokians or something, if I can find those to fit. So, noting this thread for follow up as things develop.

Reactions: JonB65
I ended up ordering Drag DR67 19x8 wheels today. They’re $185 ea from Discount Tire and will be here in a week or so. I also ordered Nokian Hakkapeliitta(?) 10 EV studded tires from Point S, 245/45/19 $350ea, and they’ll be here by Christmas.
Nokian Hakka’s are always considered great around in in Sun Valley. Good choice. You see them on a lot of Dino juice Audis, Volvos, etc,.

Reactions: JimmySure
1636738635955.png

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
I used to have much narrower Hakkas on my 1971 Alfa berlina. Were good tires. The Berlina was not an awesome snow car, but did ok with those tires. Until they started salting the roads up here rather than just sand, and I put it away for winter. Now that car is in Walnut Creek, CA with someone who can spend time and money bringing it up to show quality. It was not rusty, which was rare for that model, and was pretty original when I was using it as a driver.

Anyway, nice Hakkas.

Reactions: Ray_R
I used to have much narrower Hakkas on my 1971 Alfa berlina. Were good tires. The Berlina was not an awesome snow car, but did ok with those tires. Until they started salting the roads up here rather than just sand, and I put it away for winter. Now that car is in Walnut Creek, CA with someone who can spend time and money bringing it up to show quality. It was not rusty, which was rare for that model, and was pretty original when I was using it as a driver.

Anyway, nice Hakkas.
I had good luck with Tsportline. Bought 19” winter tires pre-mounted and balanced and Tesla TPMS sensor pre-installed. Arrived quick. Cost $4k though. I’ve only ordered from them once but they got then to me last week and I think I only waited a week.

Reactions: Sunvalleylaw
I have no idea if all the supply chain issues were reading about affect tire companies, but even without those winter tires are generally something that manufacturers make a single annual production run of so once they’re sold out you’re out of luck for the season.