Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Yoke

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There may be a very simple Tesla sourced alternative now. I believe the 2023 model 3 and Y are getting the same stalkless control layout of the refreshed S and X but are sticking with a round wheel. This should be a very easy swap. Personally, I have no issues with the stalkless layout and don't have any problems with the horn either, as hitting the right spoke works well. The new model 3 and Y will also have the center airbag horn enabled. Since Elon said that all model S and X built since mid November 2021 have the center horn switches in them, just awaiting a software update to enable them, I suspect we may see that soon because the control layouts for all 4 models are now consistent. If you need a little more touch sensitive feedback for the spoke mounted controls, consider putting the clear plastic dots over them. Others here have reported they work well and look fine.

Reactions: mspohr
Yeah, he also claimed that the airbag for the horn would be enabled for those built from about a year ago. When I took off my yoke to replace it with a wheel, I didn't see any electronics for it. I am pretty sure Elon lied. My car was built in March 2022.

I absolutely despise the stalkless aspect of the car. The lack of a horn button in a normal place has already caused a lot of too close for comfort incidents when I couldn't get the horn to work promptly or find the exact place I need to hit it without looking at the wheel.

Reactions: Dan_Foster
Yeah, he also claimed that the airbag for the horn would be enabled for those built from about a year ago. When I took off my yoke to replace it with a wheel, I didn't see any electronics for it. I am pretty sure Elon lied. My car was built in March 2022.

I absolutely despise the stalkless aspect of the car. The lack of a horn button in a normal place has already caused a lot of too close for comfort incidents when I couldn't get the horn to work promptly or find the exact place I need to hit it without looking at the wheel.
Elon absolutely lied about the center horn. He lies constantly, the record of which is—ironically—on Twitter. His lying is a disgrace unbecoming the CEO (or whatever the hell he calls himself now) of Tesla.

The stalkless controls are horrid.