Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non functioning passenger side

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My impression from reading the forum is that these cars have a left and a right body computer that would handle the kind of things OP listed. Sounds like the right computer/controller is faulty. Might be able to solve with a reset, but otherwise probably a replacement.

Sounds like the motor failed. This happens after so many good/unfold cycles and is specifically why I disable this "feature" on every Model S I own. I fold/unfold for car washes & specific use cases only which rarely is necessary.
Too many other symptoms for this to be a mirror motor failures. Not impossible, just very unlikely all the passenger side motors (mirror, window, handles) died all at the same time.

Reactions: rickyjb
previously had issues with just the door handles , i had to pull a fuse to get the handle to retract . However I noticed the fuses were split for front and rear doors not left and right side. 2014 MS , don't know if this has changed on newer cars.

recommend a reset if you have not already ,then checking the fuse box and diagrams for your model and year . if you are in warranty use the app and book a service visit , most likely a ranger will be allocated .

hope this helps .

Too many other symptoms for this to be a mirror motor failures. Not impossible, just very unlikely all the passenger side motors (mirror, window, handles) died all at the same time.
You're right. I misread what the OP said.

OP: you probably already did but, if not, do the scroll wheel salute to reboot the MCU and give it time to sort itself afterwards. If it's still doing it then you may have a body control module on that said that's failed or the harness feeding it may have been damaged somehow. If this car is still under warranty I'd just schedule an appointment and let them address it.