Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-leather steering wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that they've announced that all future cars are going to be vegan leather doesn't that complete your goal of reducing demand? Unless you're just completely adverse to touching leather it seems that your objective has been obtained regardless of whether your personal steering wheel is leather or not.

Maybe if he touches leather it's like Dracula in sunlight.

My 487K VIN steering wheel fells different than the one I test drove. I assume this means it has the new vegan leather.

Leather is archaic, unethical and should be gone from all industries (along with all animal agriculture which is contributing to GHGs and deforestation). I am extremely happy Tesla is moving in this direction but to think anyone would belive that I would be fine with having leather despite all my campaigning is truly perplexing.

Oh the humanity!!!! If cows didn't want to be used for food/clothing/upholstery/etc they should've gotten a better education. Oh and don't hug the tree too tight, you'll kill it..... now where's my T-bone Steak, smothered in Pork Chops ;)

Leather is archaic, unethical and should be gone from all industries (along with all animal agriculture which is contributing to GHGs and deforestation). I am extremely happy Tesla is moving in this direction but to think anyone would belive that I would be fine with having leather despite all my campaigning is truly perplexing.

Archaic is what you'd like it to be, but it is still very much a current thing.

Unethical, perhaps, by your standards, but ethics are subjective. My ethics say that it's unethical for you to tell me what my ethics should be. We should only choose for ourselves.

I, for one, will continue to consume lower life forms, as nature does. :) Plants, animals, single-celled organisms, etc. Also, leather is biodegradable, I'm not sure the non-leather steering wheel is. Heck, I don't even know what it's made from. Could outgas harmful chemicals at sunlight temperatures.

And I bet that the service centers will have some leather steering wheels left over from those that didn't want one.

Archaic is what you'd like it to be, but it is still very much a current thing.

Unethical, perhaps, by your standards, but ethics are subjective. My ethics say that it's unethical for you to tell me what my ethics should be. We should only choose for ourselves.

I, for one, will continue to consume lower life forms, as nature does. :) Plants, animals, single-celled organisms, etc. Also, leather is biodegradable, I'm not sure the non-leather steering wheel is. Heck, I don't even know what it's made from. Could outgas harmful chemicals at sunlight temperatures.

And I bet that the service centers will have some leather steering wheels left over from those that didn't want one.

Using animals as if they are property or a resource is not ethical. Animals in nature kill other animals to survive as they have no choice and often no moral agency (unlike us).

I applaud Tesla for doing this, it certainly is a forward thinking move. And happy to see many electric companies offering non leather options.

There are plenty of animals that kill for no reason other than to kill. To assume that many animals only kill for food fails to pay attention to the vast amount of evidence that show animals are just as much as jerks as humans are.

Sure I accept that but that doesn't justify us doing it no more than it legitimizes murder or rape. Come to the Ask Yourself discord and name the trait. CMV: "Name the Trait" is a morally, logically sound argument for Veganism. : changemyview