Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-owners in No VA, have you received your M3 yet? The wait is unbearable!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well at least you have your car coming. we ordered a AWD 3 and have not heard a word, not even a vin.

when did you get your vin?

Non owner, Non employee
Reservation: 3/31/16 online minutes before reveal
1st Config offer: 4/13/18
Ordered DM: 6/29/18
Trade-in
Financing via outside bank
Expected: Sep-Nov ‘18
VIN 66xxx received on 8/2/18 in response to email request to IDA

Pearl White
18” Aero
Long Range Dual Motor
Black Premium Package
NO EAP or FSD

Delivery offered as early as 8/14; scheduled 8/17; called to confirm on 8/15 and learned car will not arrive until 8/20; new delivery date TBD

Update - I took delivery of the car yesterday afternoon and it it amazing!

My ISA called on Friday and said, “good news, we are expecting the car to arrive sooner than projected, so you can pick it up tomorrow!” Although there were some hiccups at the Tysons delivery center, all those minor details faded away the moment I set off in the AWD.

Yes, I'm waiting impatiently. Didn't reserve until August '17, so not expecting it soon. Plus I chose silver metallic, so really not expecting it soon. The opaque process is maddening. Seriously tired of it. I really want the tax credit, so am probably postponing a trip in mid-October, because with my luck that is when they'll schedule my delivery. Tesla is completely unaccommodating if the customer needs a short delay (in contrast to the last minute delays they spring from their end all the time) and is slow and opaque about the VIN reassignment process too. Uggh.

Yes, I'm waiting impatiently. Didn't reserve until August '17, so not expecting it soon. Plus I chose silver metallic, so really not expecting it soon. The opaque process is maddening. Seriously tired of it. I really want the tax credit, so am probably postponing a trip in mid-October, because with my luck that is when they'll schedule my delivery. Tesla is completely unaccommodating if the customer needs a short delay (in contrast to the last minute delays they spring from their end all the time) and is slow and opaque about the VIN reassignment process too. Uggh.

Just saw that @RunMadM3 in Fairfax, whom reserved early 2018, is getting asked for financing paperwork, etc.

He had white interior. Seriously considering switching.

Tyson's Corner update: received VIN: 96,9xx, White/white, Non-P AWD, 18", EAP, non-owner; tentatively scheduled for delivery early-mid Sept, Tysons Corner, VA. As another data point, reserved 01/27/18; configured 06/30/18; I made 38 configuration changes between June 30 and August 18 and my first contact from them was August 24. Just returned from test driving P and told them I already ordered the wall charger (installing 09/03) before I rec'd the VIN and said I still wanted the 4-year warranty; they said they would make it happen. I also said I may want FSD but would not pay add'l fee for it; said they would see what they could do.

Last edited:
See sig, still waiting too.

@Reddy Kilowatt, what was your reservation date?

Anyone else still waiting on an AWD Non-P from Tysons Corner? I've heard its one of the top Tesla stores in the country so I'm worried that means we'll have to wait longer.
I was an original line waiter and received that car, we ordered another one the day AWD came out for configure, then changed to black and White interior as they came available. Still no word, just a RN number. Both options were delayed in addition to the AWD. Would have though we might have heard something but once AWD came out I think they got a ton of configurations. We got an erriant email stating the car had shipped, but it was a Tesla mistake.

When we bought the original 3 we configured and they shipped it that day. We had it within 5 weeks.

Update: IDA told me my car is on its way from Fremont and gave me a delivery appointment date of 09/22/18 at Tyson’s. Added FSD. They requested I send title to accompany my trade-in pics; currently awaiting trade-in credit. BTW, all prices are same as when I originally ordered (paint $1,500, etc.). Lastly, I see some folks are worried that changes may delay your order - I don't think so (FSD is my 39th change since initial configuration).