Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

For 2023 Tesla owners who purchased & qualify for $7500 tax rebate but have yet to received the form, here’s how…

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
did you get it? Tesla is giving me the run around, opened for me a support ticket via email which noone is responding.

yes.
just now checked my account and i see it.
less than 24 hours after requesting.

1707917172330.png

Reactions: Xpert
Just an FYI. I filed taxes electronically yesterday. I had the form but didn't need it. Just filled in the information and it produced the Form 8936.

Not saying you shouldn't get the form from Tesla for you records, but it shouldn't hold up your filing.

Reactions: fredzos
yes.
just now checked my account and i see it.
less than 24 hours after requesting.

View attachment 1018172
Did you take delivery of your Model Y on 2/24/23?
Just an FYI. I filed taxes electronically yesterday. I had the form but didn't need it. Just filled in the information and it produced the Form 8936.

Not saying you shouldn't get the form from Tesla for you records, but it shouldn't hold up your filing.
Doesn't your claim of that $7,500 have to be supported by the manufacturer (Tesla in this case) also filing to show that you purchased said car eligible for the tax incentive? I thought it was a 2-part process and once yours arrives on their doorstep it needed to match up with the one the manufacturer also submitted.

Doesn't your claim of that $7,500 have to be supported by the manufacturer (Tesla in this case) also filing to show that you purchased said car eligible for the tax incentive? I thought it was a 2-part process and once yours arrives on their doorstep it needed to match up with the one the manufacturer also submitted.
Tesla definitely has to file the transaction with the IRS. I was just making the point that you don't have to have Form 15400 in your possession to file. I'm assuming that Tesla met their responsibility to record the transaction with IRS but is dragging their feet placing the proof in your Documents section.

Go to Tesla.com/contactus then log into your account. It’ll then read “Ask a question” at the top of the page. Click the drop down & select “Generate 2023 IRA Document”. You’ll then enter select your VIN it pertains to & then enter your SSN. Select submit & it’ll give you a confirmation stating you should receive the document within 24hrs.

I completed mine earlier this afternoon & already see it “IRA Clean Vehicles Credit Report” added to the document section of my Model Y. Hope this helps anyone who has yet to receive there’s.
Likewise, thank you for the instructions! I did not know that I had to request a document from Tesla. I was able to follow the simple instructions to submit my request, but I'm not seeing a document section. Photo attached. How do I access the documets section?
1709854377360.png

Likewise, thank you for the instructions! I did not know that I had to request a document from Tesla. I was able to follow the simple instructions to submit my request, but I'm not seeing a document section. Photo attached. How do I access the documets section?View attachment 1025663
Sorrry, I found the documents section by going to Manage under my car. The document is already there. Thank you for telling me about it. I will email it to my accountant now!

My return was accepted with my VIN via TurboTax but I just received a letter from the IRS claiming there was an error on my return because they could not verify my VIN for the Clean Vehicle Credit. I did some research and Tesla did not have my Form 15400 in my Tesla Account but I just requested it and see it was added. Anyone know what I need to do to respond to the IRS and resolve the issue? I am trying to avoid calling the IRS, knowing I will waste 2+ hours being on hold and/or getting the runaround.