Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non P100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, having major issues with my 2018 P100D in Ludicrous+ mode, when you enter the mode by prssing the T. If I get all heated up and have the power graphics in the left of my dash my car implodes when hitting the throttle instead of the explosion I was used to. Power hits 450Kw for a brief moment and then collapses totally, with the hazard sign showing and a drop in performance way under 200Kw. The 100 - 200 km/h sprint should be done in approx 8 - 9 seconds, my car needs a staggering 24 seconds! Every time I've heated up things I can do just one (yes, 1) small sprint 0 - 100 km/h and then all has to cool down again. I can't do even 100 - 130 within a minute (or so) without major loss of power. Thsi happened over night; July 15 all was fine and I never had any issues, July 16 it was like above. The car has been with Tesla 3 times for this issue, taking 6 weeks and the genius es at Tesla say; your car hits all the (theoretical) marks and therefor is fine. But they never did a decent test drive, hiding themselves behind liabilty etc. Anyone else having this issue? I feel cheated as I paid for Ludicrous + and can't use it, yeah, for one 0 - 100 sprint and then limp home.

Funny thing. I noticed this about 3 months ago when on my 2017 Model S P100D as well. I checked the notification tab, and nothing appeared in there from a fault code perspective. I was meaning to replicate it with there recent software version and record it so that I can use that as evidence when I book a service appointment.

The key for me was that as I did the Ludicrous+ Acceleration Mode along with the Ludicrous+ Easter egg, that's when I noticed that the car would not give me any m ore than 200kW. I had launch mode which worked, but no more than 200kW. The dotted line and the yellow warning triangle appeared.

(1) This is in California in June, so it was maybe around 85 to 90 F outside
(2) I had Supercharged up to 90% and was at around 85% SOC when I attempted this
(3) I had turned on both the Acceleration Mode and the Easter egg while Supercharging to 90%
(4) The temperature widget on the IC never did reach the proper temperature to show the additional telemetry data on the left side of the IC. Trust me, I waited more than the 20 minutes that was indicated on the MCU under the Acceleration Mode options.