Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

North California - delivery time

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread was helpful during my 1.5 month wait. Here is my delivery timeline. I'm located in the heart of SF Bay Area.

Model Y performance. msmp, black interior. 5 seater.
order date: Jan 29, 2022
vin assignment: Mar. 13, 2022
sunnyvale, ca. pickup: Mar 14, 2022

amd ryzen mcu and michelin all-season tires.

This thread was helpful during my 1.5 month wait. Here is my delivery timeline. I'm located in the heart of SF Bay Area.

Congrats! What are the 3 digits after F in your VIN? Customer support confirmed all season tires or your SA?

Hmmm… you sure that isn’t my order you picked up by mistake? 🤣 I have the same car on order and picking up in Sunnyvale as well. Out of curiosity, how was the pickup experience there?

Ordered MYLR on Black Friday 2021. Spec: Black/black, Regular wheels, 5 seat, tow. Order date has changed a million times, was literally September 2 days ok. Just now it updated to 3/15-3/19! Unfortunately my credit application expired because it's been over 2 months, was waiting for a VIN firmer date to re-submit. Just did. Looks like I should be good to go by the end of the week!

weird i thought we were getting close to northern CA deliveries.
Yeah, me too... especially since Fremont is 20 minutes north of me.
Edd 5/17-6/14 for me. Od 8/18/21. I thought when I had the 2 week edd in March I was finally getting closer. Then got the push to may/June. Now seeing all the push out to sept for others I’m starting to get nervous again.
Oh wow... did you get a long range?

Reactions: Otter2007
Question: Does Tesla not treat their customers right? I see lots of VINs assigned to others who have order dates after me. I'm tired in this waiting game.

1- Worst customer service
2- Worst response time via chat
3- No easy to contact
4- Someone said customers are king, unfortunately in Tesla they are king - they do what they wanted to do
5- Repair time is also longer and more expensive
6-Having Tesla - insurance is higher

The only positive side I see is no GAS and maintenance, is it worth waiting?

A frustrated guy in Northern California
Beemboy

Congratulations! That's a smooth transaction. Enjoy!

Reactions: Otter2007
Just got this text. Yay!

Tesla Update - We currently plan to build and deliver your Model Y in March.

Please reply MARCH if you are ready for delivery this month and we will contact you about scheduling your delivery once your Model Y is built.
Please reply DELAY if you cannot take delivery this month and we will reach back out at a later time.

Reactions: Lccjblu
Hmmm… you sure that isn’t my order you picked up by mistake? 🤣 I have the same car on order and picking up in Sunnyvale as well. Out of curiosity, how was the pickup experience there?
it was uneventful. went inside, gave my name to one of the sales reps who proceeded to walk me over to where my car was parked. he directed me to press the "accept" button in the tesla app after verifying the VIN. i waited for the car to unlock. he left me alone, which is exactly what i wanted.

they should just have the cars lined up with your name posted on the windshield. remove all humans from the process.

Reactions: ink124
Ordered MYLR on Black Friday 2021. Spec: Black/black, Regular wheels, 5 seat, tow. Order date has changed a million times, was literally September 2 days ok. Just now it updated to 3/15-3/19! Unfortunately my credit application expired because it's been over 2 months, was waiting for a VIN firmer date to re-submit. Just did. Looks like I should be good to go by the end of the week!
Update: My delivery is scheduled for tomorrow morning (3/17!!). The sales rep confirmed it has the AMD Ryzen, but said, "We are not delivering 4680 batteries yet." :/ Was hoping for the 4680, but honestly I'll take it. Once 4680s are out and mainstream I may order another Y and sell this one since the used market is so hot. I think most Tesla owners don't care/are unaware of battery configurations.