Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not able to charge at tesla supercharger station problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello everyone!

I have an issue with not able to charge at the tesla super charger station. My 2016 Model X wasnt able to charge at the tesla charger station but was able to charge at home. The car has 2 alerts. First was the Fuse needed to be replaced (pyro fuse) then the charge port door sensor fault. The car charges fine at home and it opens and closes with lights. Tesla service said it might be the ac/dc but i think it was due to the fuse. Do you think it was the charger port sensors fault for not to able to charge at the tesla supercharger station? Do you think it has to due to the charge port door sensor?
they have charged me diagnostic for this service. Do you think that they are suppose to fix the alerts first before doing any diagnostic with my car. If it was the fuse, it wss still under warranty. I appreciate if someone can help me out. Thanks

Screenshot_20240622_135742_Chrome.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240622_115443_Tesla.jpg
    Screenshot_20240622_115443_Tesla.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 6
It has nothing to do with the battery fuse.

Very well could be the charge port door sensor. It can cause all sorts of weird charging problems when it craps out. It’s a relatively common issue. Used to be an ~$80 part that is relatively easy to replace DIY - $650 to fix that is quite the racket.