Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not charge to set limit.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this been discussed before. Well sort of. My 21M3LR been really good to me very few issues. I am approaching the 50k mile mark.

For the last 8k miles or so it will not charge to the set limit. Usually off by -1% it will not go over. Never done this before, in the past would go above and below by 2 or 3 percent. But this is a constant -1. Even when I do the full 100% it will only charge to 99%.

I know I have to 120k for battery. Just want to nip it in the bud. On occasion it seems to be missing some of its power as well.

For reference I set limit to 90 due to commute and return home with about 15 to 20.

I know this been discussed before. Well sort of. My 21M3LR been really good to me very few issues. I am approaching the 50k mile mark.

For the last 8k miles or so it will not charge to the set limit. Usually off by -1% it will not go over. Never done this before, in the past would go above and below by 2 or 3 percent. But this is a constant -1. Even when I do the full 100% it will only charge to 99%.

I know I have to 120k for battery. Just want to nip it in the bud. On occasion it seems to be missing some of its power as well.

For reference I set limit to 90 due to commute and return home with about 15 to 20.
After one of the recent updates, my M3LR does the same thing now. I set it to 81% so it will charge to 80%. No big deal, just curious.

Missing power: when the battery is cold, it cannot output as much power. You could see it (max output in kW) in ScanMyTesla for example. At very cold temperatures the car loses a lot of power. Normal.
Charge level on a battery isn't a perfect measure, it's approximate. Variations by a couple percent are expected. As the BMS readjusts, SOC % will change. A cold battery will also have less available power so as the battery cools down especially in winter these things will happen. Normal.

Yes I do agree. After have the car for a year or so I have noticed a significant difference in power. However, this is going on since the end of September and it been a real mild winter in south East pa. I noticed it on the recent warm days we had when it peaked near 70degrees. This made me think of it might be an issue.