Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When Cat's Away, The Car Will Change Limit to 100%

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm annoyed at Tessie (see sig). I plugged her in and set the limit to 50% (she was at 45%) before leaving on a trip with Nick.

We come home after a week and she's sitting at 100%, with the limit set to 100%. I will never leave her plugged again.

I guess the software overrides the setting by itself? Any way to know when she first charged to 100%?

• Informative
Reactions: beachmiles
Don't want to start the debate here again so just stating one thing: an LFP battery is also affected by calendar aging, and degrades more if it's charged higher. It is still a good idea to keep it stored low for long periods, although it's less important. I presume the OP decided to store it at 50% for that reason. Let's just not debate this here, there are other threads for it.

Is Tessie an LFP car? If so, why wouldn't you want it sitting @100%?

Take a look at the charge stats. Going from 45% to 100% should be pretty obvious which day it happened.
Ah, yes. Thanks. Looks like it charged to 100% on the day I left (June 15) and sat at 100% for a week. I know I had the limit at 50%.

Screenshot_20230621-134917_Tesla.jpg

Don't want to start the debate here again so just stating one thing: an LFP battery is also affected by calendar aging, and degrades more if it's charged higher. It is still a good idea to keep it stored low for long periods, although it's less important. I presume the OP decided to store it at 50% for that reason. Let's just not debate this here, there are other threads for it.
Not starting a debate. Recently picked up an LFP car and was curious why another member was doing what they're doing; just member to member communication on a public forum. If I was really that interested in the subject, I'd look it up.

Reactions: GtiMart
I'm annoyed at Tessie (see sig). I plugged her in and set the limit to 50% (she was at 45%) before leaving on a trip with Nick.

We come home after a week and she's sitting at 100%, with the limit set to 100%. I will never leave her plugged again.

I guess the software overrides the setting by itself? Any way to know when she first charged to 100%?
BTW, what is the max indicated range at 100% charge?

Did you set it in the car or using the app? I've seen the app fail to set the amperage before. You can move the slider to an amperage, and then find it fails and goes back to where it was set before. I assume that the communication to the car glitches. I've learned to go back a minute or two later and double check. I've never seen it change spontaneously.

Did you set it in the car or using the app? I've seen the app fail to set the amperage before. You can move the slider to an amperage, and then find it fails and goes back to where it was set before. I assume that the communication to the car glitches. I've learned to go back a minute or two later and double check. I've never seen it change spontaneously.
Yeah, happened to me once. I thought I set the charge via the app but when I double checked it was on its original setting. Setting it again made the setting stick.

It was in the car. I will play around to see if it might have jumped to100 and I missed it.