Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not so Lucky!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to Tesla, if you say "I'm feeling lucky" the car should offer to take you to a surprise location.

Also, apparently, you can say "I'm feeling hungry" to be directed to a nearby restaurant.

The trouble is that both of these commands are met with "Command not recognised" on my new M3 AWD LR, in the UK.

Latest software is the 2020.40.8.10

Do these commands work for anyone else or is it maybe only for the US?

You have WHAT version????? This is FSD beta and only available in a few select cars in the Early Access Program and only in the US. And by few it may be less than 100 or so as of now. Is this a different version than available in the US?

That's the latest update here in the UK. But I don't have FSD just regular AP so I guess it's "ready" in case I decide to upgrade for £6,800!

That's the latest update here in the UK. But I don't have FSD just regular AP so I guess it's "ready" in case I decide to upgrade for £6,800!
Like I asked are you sure it is 40.8.10 and not 40.8.....no .10 at the end? Also FSD is updated to 40.8.11 today on all cars. Can you post a screenshot of your App showing it? There is no way you have the FSD limited beta update since it is only US, only very selected Early Access Program users that were even called and received voce instructions on use from Tesla before the .10 update was allowed.

EDIT: Just to add here is info from Teslascope showing just 1 car on 40.8.11 and 0 on 40.8.10 (since it is now legacy). And TeslaFi software tracker doesn't even show 40.8.10 or 40.8.11.
Screen Shot 2020-10-25 at 3.57.50 PM.png

IMG_5594.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Phlier and lUtriaNt
Like I asked are you sure it is 40.8.10 and not 40.8.....no .10 at the end? Also FSD is updated to 40.8.11 today on all cars. Can you post a screenshot of your App showing it? There is no way you have the FSD limited beta update since it is only US, only very selected Early Access Program users that were even called and received voce instructions on use from Tesla before the .10 update was allowed.

EDIT: Just to add here is info from Teslascope showing just 1 car on 40.8.11 and 0 on 40.8.10 (since it is now legacy). And TeslaFi software tracker doesn't even show 40.8.10 or 40.8.11.
View attachment 602376

View attachment 602375
Ha! Now I have your VIN! With this gem of information I can...... do absolutely nothing. :(

I need coffee.

View attachment 602376

View attachment 602375

Sorry to mislead you all and for the delay in getting back to you but you are correct. I have no 10 at end of the version!

Reactions: Phlier