Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Notification when unplugged at home.

Would you like the option to set a notification if you forget to plug in your Tesla at home?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
this isn't response to the overall topic and not this particular reply. I am new to using this app but have owned a Tesla model 3 since 2019. I wanted to just respectfully comment that I think many of the responses to this very legitimate question and request for an app addition for notification when the car is unplugged we're really rude, and not helpful. It's like when you ask an it computer person why something is not working and they want to give you a work around that is extremely difficult. I don't think calling someone an idiot because they forgot to plug in their car is really helpful in any way. I guess I will continue to monitor this and if that is the tone of the form I probably won't participate anymore. But respectfully I do wish people would be a little nicer when someone asks a legitimate question even if you think it's not helpful for you. Thanks.

Reactions: tccartier
Tesla notifies me when my car starts charging... when charging is interrupted... and when it completes charging. Now it even tells me when I've left the door open.

What I really need is a notification when I forget to plug in when I'm at home. It's happened to me several times.
I occasionally forget to plug in my car, maybe once or twice per year. I charge to 80% every night and that is enough for 3-5 days of driving, so it is no issue when I don’t plug in.

I don’t plug in until I am done driving for the day, so I would not like to get “reminders” whenever my car is home and not plugged in. I think a reminder if not plugged in by 9:00 pm would work for me, but not for everyone. People have different schedules, and some people prefer to only plug in every 4-7 days, when their car gets low on charge. A reminder feature would need an option to turn off, and the ability to set the time of the reminder. Tesla‘s existing reminders do not have user options, they work the same for everyone* so in my opinion this is too much complexity for the benefit.

In my opinion, users that need reminders can use other methods, and Tesla can work on plenty of other software oppertunities to improve the user experience.

I did vote no on the poll, but I certainly don’t think that people that forget to plug in are “idiots.”

GSP

* as far as I know, but maybe Tesla does have options for their reminders? I did not know about the Chevy Volt feature to offer plug in reminders after 9 pm, despite owning two Chevy Volts over a seven year timespan.