Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Notification when unplugged at home.

Would you like the option to set a notification if you forget to plug in your Tesla at home?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I guess I didn't make it clear that I'm not interested in other options to get notifications.

The topic of the thread is adding a feature to the Tesla App.

• I don't want to pay for an app that has this feature.
  • I don't want to give access to a free app that can give me this information.

Hey gang, a related question: If I want to leave doors open in my garage (just to the first 'click'), what happens? Can I connect the car, and would it charge? How long for all lights to turn off? I typically do that with my other cars when I'm working on them. After all lights turn off in about 5 minutes, they remain off, even when I open the doors from the first 'click'. Just curious if I can do that with the Tesla. Thx.

I guess I didn't make it clear that I'm not interested in other options to get notifications.

The topic of the thread is adding a feature to the Tesla App.

• I don't want to pay for an app that has this feature.
  • I don't want to give access to a free app that can give me this information.
So, set a nightly alert on your phone to remind you to check the Tesla app to see your car's SOC level.

• Disagree
Reactions: cwmagui
Hey gang, a related question: If I want to leave doors open in my garage (just to the first 'click'), what happens? Can I connect the car, and would it charge? How long for all lights to turn off? I typically do that with my other cars when I'm working on them. After all lights turn off in about 5 minutes, they remain off, even when I open the doors from the first 'click'. Just curious if I can do that with the Tesla. Thx.

The car will stay on and awake (with HVAC on) for an extended period of time. The door-half-latched trick is a great way to keep the car unlocked and awake, for example while Supercharging.

This is such a niche request that I don't see the value in adding it. We could all come up with a bunch things we would like to have toggle switches for that are of little value.

Perhaps but it is not unprecedented my 2013 Chevrolet Volt had that capability built into the OnStar app where the car would remind me if it was not plugged in by a Time of my choosing. It is a nice to have. There are many workarounds, but it would be nice to have that functionality in the app itself seeing how the car can tell me almost everything else.

• Love
Reactions: cwmagui
I read it, but I didn't want to insult you by saying you're asking for the impossible. But you know, wanting something, but requiring it be free, and not wanting something free that you have to give login credentials to, is just asking for the impossible.
How is it impossible? My car already notifies me when it starts charging, stops charging, the door is left open, and the window is left open. A reminder that I forgot to plug it in, is a SIMPLE request. I can understand that some people don't see a need for this. But I really don't understand why this request seems to offend some people. There are plenty of Tesla features that I don't use. I don't hate on them. I just don't use them.