Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The pattern seems to be that when the EDD range compresses to 2 weeks, you are getting close. Make sure you've completed all of the tasks regarding registration details and payment method. This can't hurt--get someone on the phone or text from Tesla to ask if you have completed all the tasks necessary to get a VIN. This coincided with movement on my EDD range, but I can't guarantee that it was a factor.
What was the thing you have to do/change/Update that coincided with getting a vin. I'm been told for months and months and months my profile is complete. I don't trust anything I'm told or read here from SAs unless it's able to be independently verified or checks with peoples experience here.

You have a 5 seat, I have the trifecta kiss of delay: 7-seat, msm, tow.

The only thing I know of. Your trade in vehicle. Is subtracted from your total car price. Then the 6.25 % tax is on that amount.

I know that's how it works for typical dealership sales. I'm reading various things about the way it's handled at Tesla because of all the silly workarounds required for direct sales in Texas. Some I'm seeing that you wind up having to do the county tax office shuffle on your own and it's unclear how netting the trade works in that case. Hopefully it's as simple as (Price-Trade)*0.625=Tax and it's just a matter of where you pay.

Want to be sure I don't leave money on the table if Tesla's offer is lower than Carvana's but still a better deal after reducing sales tax.

The pattern seems to be that when the EDD range compresses to 2 weeks, you are getting close. Make sure you've completed all of the tasks regarding registration details and payment method. This can't hurt--get someone on the phone or text from Tesla to ask if you have completed all the tasks necessary to get a VIN. This coincided with movement on my EDD range, but I can't guarantee that it was a factor.
i did upload the registration and set it to full cash when i ordered it.. still no change... how do we know the profile is completed?

How many times your EDD changed since you ordered ? I see most of your EDDs changed many times?
My order date was 11/10/21 MSM 20'... I have so far got only 3 EDDs?
When i ordered it was June.. then it changed to May- June and now its July 10-Aug 21.. is it normal?
Doesn't seem normal. Wasn't it just yesterday NJ MNS guys with November orders were getting/expecting VIN's?

Doesn't seem normal. Wasn't it just yesterday NJ MNS guys with November orders were getting/expecting VIN's?
is this good enough? Am i missing something?

Attachments

• complete task.png
    complete task.png
    156.4 KB · Views: 81
  • complete task.png
    complete task.png
    156.4 KB · Views: 68
How many times your EDD changed since you ordered ? I see most of your EDDs changed many times?
My order date was 11/10/21 MSM 20'... I have so far got only 3 EDDs?
When i ordered it was June.. then it changed to May- June and now its July 10-Aug 21.. is it normal?
It may depend on how fanatically you check, there are often changes of days, weeks, or months that only last for a day or two, sometimes only a few hours. You wouldn't see them if you weren't checking religiously.

Reactions: anapon
It was a long long long Journey. It was well worth the wait. It’s Beautiful. I love it. All the gaps are great. I do notice the Glove box looks to be a little off. The right side of the glove box door hangs about 3/16 lower than the left side. I went over a lot with the SA. His name is Emanuel. He had everything set up for me. I accepted the delivery from his phone. It’s 100 miles for anything I see. He told me to just report it in the app. It took about 20 or so minutes for Auto pilot and navigation to calibrate. I have it home now. I will go through all the functions now. You can watch all the videos. Until you actually get in and are behind the wheel. It’s just not the same. The interior looks phenomenal. Oh my lord. Them White seats. Lol. I’ll probably just install a few accessories today. Floor mat’s and center consuls tray’s. Maybe the screen protector. Good luck to everyone waiting. It won’t disappoint you.
1653148639508.jpeg

is this good enough? Am i missing something?
On the webpage click on the ! You should see prepare for delivery. If that is not complete, your profile is not. Also, make sure you don’t submit a trade in and set your payment method to cash. Trade in offers expire after 30 days, and finance quotes expire after 60.

If they expire, it sets your profile as incomplete until fixed. Both offers can be reset once you get a VIN. You don’t need either until then
Mayo?
Try this

Reactions: BGOwner
It was a long long long Journey. It was well worth the wait. It’s Beautiful. I love it. All the gaps are great. I do notice the Glove box looks to be a little off. The right side of the glove box door hangs about 3/16 lower than the left side. I went over a lot with the SA. His name is Emanuel. He had everything set up for me. I accepted the delivery from his phone. It’s 100 miles for anything I see. He told me to just report it in the app. It took about 20 or so minutes for Auto pilot and navigation to calibrate. I have it home now. I will go through all the functions now. You can watch all the videos. Until you actually get in and are behind the wheel. It’s just not the same. The interior looks phenomenal. Oh my lord. Them White seats. Lol. I’ll probably just install a few accessories today. Floor mat’s and center consuls tray’s. Maybe the screen protector. Good luck to everyone waiting. It won’t disappoint you.
1653148639508.jpeg
Congrats! Looks great! I think you might have missed a spot sweeping the floor though… jk!!
It’s home with you now so you can enjoy it :)

• Funny
Reactions: Jones1
Look for the date you received your text saying “Thank you for completing all pre-delivery tasks in your Tesla Account. When a vehicle with your configuration becomes available, we will contact you via text and phone call to schedule your delivery appointment..”
What if we never received that text?

The one text I received on November 13th was the following:

"Hi xxxxx, welcome to the Tesla family! Go to ts.la/account to get started on your pre-delivery tasks for RNxxxxxxxxx.

Reply to this message at any time and a Tesla Advisor will respond as soon as possible."

Note that I've replied and not received a response... 😕

1653148639508.jpeg
congrats

Reactions: Jones1
What if we never received that text?

The one text I received on November 13th was the following:

"Hi xxxxx, welcome to the Tesla family! Go to ts.la/account to get started on your pre-delivery tasks for RNxxxxxxxxx.

Reply to this message at any time and a Tesla Advisor will respond as soon as possible."

Note that I've replied and not received a response... 😕
i never received one..

Was able to get clarification via text from an SA. They're *WAY* more responsive once you have a VIN so perhaps they're focusing on the people who they can affect in the near term.

In Texas, tax is paid directly to the county tax office but is based on the net cost after trade-in. Something for us Texans to keep in mind so the additional cost/bill isn't a surprise.

1653148639508.jpeg
That looks so cool, I'm going to be so afraid of getting dings from people parking next to me, I will prob park further away in public parking areas , or just leave my MY in the garage. Lol

• Funny
Reactions: Art84
Mines changed as many times.
I'm on my 9th EDD and just updated my signature to show them all. No more characters available, so this better be the last one! ;)

In early May, I received my 1st two-week window, which then shifted out 4 days as I actually entered the window, then it moved out to my current four-week window of Jun 16-Jul 21. :mad: Order and PC dates are 11/13/21 and I texted Tesla today and got confirmation everything is complete, so just waiting impatiently, like everyone else, while gas prices and interest rates continue to rise... :confused: