Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waiting Room for MYLR/MYP : April 2023 orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oklahoma
MYP Red w/B&W interior
OD: April 30
EDD: May 2023
EDD2 given on May 10: May 23 - June 20
EDD3 given on May 23: June 10 - June 19
VIN also provided on May 23
EDD4 given on May 31: June 1 - June 10
Delivery scheduled on June 1 for June 9
VIN retracted on June 2 (see updates below)
EDD6 given on June 2: June 2 - June 11
EDD7 given on June 5: June 11 - June 25
VIN assigned June 6 (PF8022xx)
EDD8 given on June 6: June 20 - June 27
*EDD9 given on June 20: June 27 - June 30

Update given on June 2 via text: Hi Ricky, we've just received an update that the Model Y assigned to your order will not make it to your delivery center. We are actively working with our factory team to build you a new Model Y as soon as possible. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience and will provide you with an update once we have a new Model Y assigned to your order.

Update given on June 5 via text: Good Morning Ricky, you have been prioritized to receive a new VIN as soon as possible.
You might have gotten lucky as a VIN given on May 23rd could have been HW3. Was it under 789500?

Some updates over the last couple of days.

MYLR-5, Blue/Black, 19", No Tow, AutoPilot(base), Dallas, TX
OD: 4/21, Edit Order: 4/24 - to remove EAP
EDD (4/21): Apr-Jun 2023, EDD2 (4/27): 5/6 - 5/20, EDD3 (5/7): 5/13 - 5/27, EDD4 (5/14): 5/23-6/6
EDD5.x: (5/24,5/25,5/26)-6/6 (changed every day)
VIN assigned: 5/26 - 7SAYGDEE5PA128xxx
Schedule delivery option: 5/26 , with delivery dates for 5/30-6/1
5/27 - Asked for delivery delay option due to travel, was told one-time courtesy order HOLD option for 14 days, which will release vehicle, but the next assigned vehicle needs to be delivered, else the order will be canceled. Currently, the order is on HOLD, and will be taken off hold after 14 days, or I can remove the hold at any time before that.

MYLR-5, Blue/Black, 19", No Tow, AutoPilot(base), Dallas, TX
OD: 4/21, Edit Order: 4/24 - to remove EAP
EDD (4/21): Apr-Jun 2023, EDD2 (4/27): 5/6 - 5/20, EDD3 (5/7): 5/13 - 5/27, EDD4 (5/14): 5/23-6/6
EDD5.x: (5/24,5/25,5/26)-6/6 (changed every day)
VIN assigned: 5/26 - 7SAYGDEE5PA128xxx
5/27 - Order on hold due to travel
6/10 - Order off hold, VIN assigned 7SAYGDEE6PA136xxx, delivery scheduled for 6/16
6/16 - Delivery

Reactions: FMinMI and teslico
My hold expired yesterday, and this morning they already assigned another VIN. Seems likely to be HW4 but hoping it’s not a reject.
Build date of my VIN was 6/12, and I was assigned the VIN on 6/17 the day my hold expired. I feel like 5 days wasn’t enough time for someone to reject the vehicle after seeing it, so maybe it was just someone’s cancelled or hold order.

I scheduled delivery for 6/27, but the text mentioned scheduling a tentative delivery appointment pending on time arrival of the vehicle and vehicle inspection. Thought that was kind of odd.

Build date of my VIN was 6/12, and I was assigned the VIN on 6/17 the day my hold expired. I feel like 5 days wasn’t enough time for someone to reject the vehicle after seeing it, so maybe it was just someone’s cancelled or hold order.

I scheduled delivery for 6/27, but the text mentioned scheduling a tentative delivery appointment pending on time arrival of the vehicle and vehicle inspection. Thought that was kind of odd.
How did you determine the build date From the VIN?

FWIW: I ordered a MYLR 4/6/23, with estimated delivery April-May; it was delivered June 8. Shanghai build for the Japanese market. LI-ion battery, stalks and USS. It's a joy to drive and helps (a little) to get over giving up my 2014 P85+.

Attachments

• IMG_1441.jpeg
    IMG_1441.jpeg
    914.5 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_1439.jpeg
    IMG_1439.jpeg
    494.2 KB · Views: 84
Oklahoma
MYP Red w/B&W interior
OD: April 30
EDD: May 2023
EDD2 given on May 10: May 23 - June 20
EDD3 given on May 23: June 10 - June 19
VIN also provided on May 23
EDD4 given on May 31: June 1 - June 10
Delivery scheduled on June 1 for June 9
VIN retracted on June 2 (see updates below)
EDD6 given on June 2: June 2 - June 11
EDD7 given on June 5: June 11 - June 25
VIN assigned June 6 (PF8022xx)
EDD8 given on June 6: June 20 - June 27
EDD9 given on June 20: June 27 - June 30
*Delivery date scheduled on June 27 for June 29!! I'm still not holding my breath after what happened last time, but keep me in your tots and pears!!

Update given on June 2 via text: Hi Ricky, we've just received an update that the Model Y assigned to your order will not make it to your delivery center. We are actively working with our factory team to build you a new Model Y as soon as possible. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience and will provide you with an update once we have a new Model Y assigned to your order.

Update given on June 5 via text: Good Morning Ricky, you have been prioritized to receive a new VIN as soon as possible.

Reactions: FMinMI
Finally took delivery yesterday! Staff was friendly. Upon check in, they said they’d unlock the car so I could take my time looking through the interior. Then they said to come back with any questions and to finish up the final paperwork. Quality issues were minimal. There were some scuffs on trim pieces and spots in the interior that needed to be cleaned up. The exterior had a couple of scratches that could really only be noticed at certain angles. Those were taken care of on the spot. There were a couple of paint chips in inconspicuous areas barely noticeable. Maybe one panel gap that doesn’t really bother me much and scratches in the frunk. The arm rest for the center console rubs against the passenger seat which I only noticed when I got home. After the regen braking when I use the regular brakes, I hear a noise. It almost sounds like brake pads on their way to wearing out. I only noticed with the radio off. Not sure if it’s normal. I’ll submit all of those through the app.

I personally went over the car with a fine toothed comb, which is why I noticed what I noticed. However even after a quick inspection, I knew the car was good enough that I’d be accepting delivery.

The majority of Tesla employees will be dismissive of most things you bring up to them, so be prepared for that. There were oil spots on the door sill plate on the driver’s side, and the guy said oh it’s just water because it was washed. I had to put my finger on it and show him it was oil.

I like the car and enjoy the tech and of course instant acceleration. I will say though that there is a lot of wind noise, a bumpy ride, and very low quality materials used. I actually laughed when I saw the sun visors. They feel like toys. The car aims to provide an upscale feel without using upscale parts. You can imagine how that goes.

Sorry for the long post, but I thought I’d share my experience in detail in case anyone is curious or it helps someone!
IMG_1946.jpeg

FINALLY! Got an update this morning moving delivery to July! Huh? That would have require a reappraisal of the tradein for the second time. Tried to text Tesla, and got a bozo answering every time.

Then I got a delivery notification for 4:00 pm tomorrow. Accepted. Then got a “do you want to pick up today?”. So we went up, everything at the dealer was easy peasy! Impressed by the dealer. (not at all impressed by the people who answer texts)
Anyway, It’s pretty, quality appears good, drives great, comfortable and quick enough for me!
IMG_7845.jpeg

Reactions: boones
FINALLY! Got an update this morning moving delivery to July! Huh? That would have require a reappraisal of the tradein for the second time. Tried to text Tesla, and got a bozo answering every time.

Then I got a delivery notification for 4:00 pm tomorrow. Accepted. Then got a “do you want to pick up today?”. So we went up, everything at the dealer was easy peasy! Impressed by the dealer. (not at all impressed by the people who answer texts)
Anyway, It’s pretty, quality appears good, drives great, comfortable and quick enough for me!
View attachment 951639
Whoever sends and answers the text messages must be on drugs. Had similar issues, with two in a row, an hour apart saying pick up is delayed then pickup is on. Had to call the service/delivery center to have them confirm it was off so we didn't waste a 100 mile trip down. And of course they never answered questions. That part of the process sucks and needs to be overhauled.

Whoever sends and answers the text messages must be on drugs. Had similar issues, with two in a row, an hour apart saying pick up is delayed then pickup is on. Had to call the service/delivery center to have them confirm it was off so we didn't waste a 100 mile trip down. And of course they never answered questions. That part of the process sucks and needs to be overhauled.
Its not likely the same person all the time (or even a person at all).

Reactions: FMinMI
Very nice! What side skirts and front lip are those? Can we get more pictures of them? They look fantastic
Sure. I ordered the T Sportline carbon fiber trim packages (I haven’t installed the interior ones yet because T SPORTLINE HASN’T SENT THE WIPES YET. Sorry for yelling, but it’s been over a month. Here are a couple of shots of the exterior.

Attachments

• IMG_1443.jpeg
    IMG_1443.jpeg
    904.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1444.jpeg
    IMG_1444.jpeg
    812.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1447.jpeg
    IMG_1447.jpeg
    403.3 KB · Views: 55