Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Now have referral code in account.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered an M3 SR+ at the end of October with leasplan, and not really heard much from them.

I periodically check in on my Tesla account to see if anything has changed, and there is now a new section at the bottom with a referral code!

Does this mean that something is starting to happen?? Has my account now somehow been magically linked?

I think I'm expecting the car at the beginning of February, but the sooner the better!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191201-014506~2.png
    Screenshot_20191201-014506~2.png
    447 KB · Views: 62
I was the same with LeasePlan. the referral indicates something but an RN has not yet been linked to my account and I’m kinda not expecting one from what I’ve read. I asked them for the RN and I got it and have Called Tesla direct for updates.

Everyone who orders gets a referral code. This is different and separate to your RN number, which is basically your order number. If people use your referral code when they order a Tesla, you both get 1,000 free supercharger miles (For charging at Tesla Superchargers). They have to quote the referral code when they order though, Tesla will NOT apply it after, no matter how hard you try. The thing is, until you have actually ordered, most people don’t know about referral codes!

Reactions: Ukmgranger
Think I'll contact Leaseplan then to see if we can get an RN number. Will be interesting to see if there are any updates.

Actually - is there a particular contact route for getting delivery times etc from Tesla?

Call them on 01628 450604, option 1 then 1 gain. They are usually really helpful. Opening hours are 8.30-4.30 Monday to Friday though.

Reactions: Ukmgranger
Call them on 01628 450604, option 1 then 1 gain. They are usually really helpful. Opening hours are 8.30-4.30 Monday to Friday though.

Thanks for that!
I gave Tesla a call today and they were able to provide me with an RN number from my name.
They said it was expected Late December Early January. I'm hoping this is the case, as we were initially told Early February by Leasplan.

Reactions: MelT3
Thanks for that!
I gave Tesla a call today and they were able to provide me with an RN number from my name.
They said it was expected Late December Early January. I'm hoping this is the case, as we were initially told Early February by Leasplan.

I'm in the same situation. Ordered through Zen Auto in October and my Tesla Account now has a Referral Code but no Model 3 order listed.
Zen Auto have provided me with my RN number.
When you called Tesla, did they say why your Model 3 order was not on your account page?

I'm in the same situation. Ordered through Zen Auto in October and my Tesla Account now has a Referral Code but no Model 3 order listed.
Zen Auto have provided me with my RN number.
When you called Tesla, did they say why your Model 3 order was not on your account page?
In all honesty, when I got through, I didn't really know what questions to ask as, other than "when is the likely delivery date"?
I'm not sure what is supposed to be on the account page and what isn't actually.

If anyone has a simple step by step bullets of what should be happening / appearing on the account page - I'd appreciate it.

In all honesty, when I got through, I didn't really know what questions to ask as, other than "when is the likely delivery date"?
I'm not sure what is supposed to be on the account page and what isn't actually.

If anyone has a simple step by step bullets of what should be happening / appearing on the account page - I'd appreciate it.

Thanks for the reply - Yes, I too would like to know what is supposed to be on the account page after ordering. I have seen screenshots of peoples page showing the Model 3 and a 'manage' button.

Maybe the Lease companies have a different account that just links to our Tesla account?

Thanks for the reply - Yes, I too would like to know what is supposed to be on the account page after ordering. I have seen screenshots of peoples page showing the Model 3 and a 'manage' button.

Maybe the Lease companies have a different account that just links to our Tesla account?

I've ordered through Arval. Just spoke to Tesla on the 01628 450604 number kindly provided above by MelT3 to find out why there was limited information showing on my account and whether this was anything to do with dealing through Arval but the guy said "no" and that further information would show up as and when the VIN had been allocated. My SR+ (White/Black) was ordered on 20/1 and is due to be available for collection end of Feb, beginning of March (apparently) so I will expect a VIN mid-Feb.

Hi David, I also ordered with Arval (Arnold Clarke) through my company. They placed order on 30th October and still no sign, with latest forecast date being sometime in early March. It’s a waiting game as others have said.
I can only imagine your pain. Let's hope it's not prolonged beyond early March. Sounds as though it might be on the same boat as mine (he said optimistically).

Everyone who orders gets a referral code. This is different and separate to your RN number, which is basically your order number. If people use your referral code when they order a Tesla, you both get 1,000 free supercharger miles (For charging at Tesla Superchargers). They have to quote the referral code when they order though, Tesla will NOT apply it after, no matter how hard you try. The thing is, until you have actually ordered, most people don’t know about referral codes!

I managed to add a referral code post order, thanks to one of the sales guys down in Bristol, as well as then emailing [email protected] who confirmed the referral (about two weeks later).