Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Now or Later

Now or Later

• Pick up the car and don’t look back

Votes: 19 67.9%
  • Defer pickup for 2 weeks

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s your source on this? The 2021 version includes the following language:

(1) IN GENERAL.—In the case of any new qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle sold after the date of the enactment of the GREEN Act of 2021—

Text - H.R.848 - 117th Congress (2021-2022): GREEN Act of 2021

There has never been a current version of the bill that covers all sales in 2021, only from enactment. And the way things work it will likely either be a July 1, 2021 enactment or Jan 1, 2022 depending on when it passes. Can you imagine the IRS nightmare if it was enacted on May 21, 2021? Checking delivery dates to the day and not just a second half type thing?

As far as voting, it can pass with a simple majority but you need 60 to invoke cloture and avoid filibuster. There is a chance that a simple majority could pass if the Republicans decide it isn’t worth filibustering.

Merkley introduced a new bill (separate from the Green Act) on Tuesday that would be retroactive to Dec 31, 2020. Whether that goes anywhere is a whole other conversation.

I am still on the fence even though I think the Model Y appears great and should sell like hot cakes as is. The Tax incentive will be huge if it happens. The heated steering wheel is finally here which anyone up north will love. The air suspension would be big though. I drive a big BMW with air suspension now and it is so smooth. It allows you to go from sport to comfort easily and is a really nice feature. Passengers always comment on the smooth ride. It may be a year or two away (who knows) but for me that is the one feature that would help the Y. I have driven the old Tesla S and its air suspension seems on par with the competition.

What’s your source on this? The 2021 version includes the following language:

(1) IN GENERAL.—In the case of any new qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle sold after the date of the enactment of the GREEN Act of 2021—

Text - H.R.848 - 117th Congress (2021-2022): GREEN Act of 2021

There has never been a current version of the bill that covers all sales in 2021, only from enactment. And the way things work it will likely either be a July 1, 2021 enactment or Jan 1, 2022 depending on when it passes. Can you imagine the IRS nightmare if it was enacted on May 21, 2021? Checking delivery dates to the day and not just a second half type thing?

As far as voting, it can pass with a simple majority but you need 60 to invoke cloture and avoid filibuster. There is a chance that a simple majority could pass if the Republicans decide it isn’t worth filibustering.

The bill introduced by Merkely has language relating to all cars purchased beginning 2021https://www.merkley.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/21.02.23 Electric Cars 2021.pdf

• Love
Reactions: tierneyalvin
All of the highly anticipated Model Y enhancements (except air suspension) should be on either the Long Range or Performance Model Y built after the first week of February. These updates including the heated steering wheel, center console (but not the wood trim insert on the front doors.) The projector headlights, for the present, only appear on the Performance Model Y. The slightly larger 82kWh versus original Long Range 78kWH battery pack is, for now, is only on the Performance Model Y.

oh cool! I didn’t know the 82kWh had started making its way to the Y...

I wonder how long until the LR AWD gets Panasonic’s +5% bump...