Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Now Shipping: Custom Tesla Roadster 2-Piece Slotted Rotors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The reason I feel that the 2nd buy is at 40% of the goal is that nobody is leading this. We need someone to keep giving it the attention it needs. With the first one I kept the thread active, even with that people who logged in every so often were able to know that there was a group buy.

If you want to speed things up the best thing is to bring attention to the thread so others are informed.

As for purchasing the pads separately you'll most likely spend $20 to $40 more elsewhere without doing the group-buy participation.

I personally don't like the google doc thing for people adding orders. Having people add their name to the thread lets them know they're in and accounted for, also it bumps the thread up so more attention.

How much less is the group price for rotors and pads ($1915) vs purchasing directly?
I really want the best for the group, and I'd love to save some money in the process, but after 10 weeks we are at only 40% of the goal, there may simply not be enough active Roasters owners on TMC that need new pads and rotors.
Thoughts?
Where would you buy them if you didn't go thru the group buy? The rotors are custom made and nothing off the shelf (other than pads) is remotely comparable in terms of features and quality.

I just added myself to the google doc. Living in Seattle the CarboTech BobCat 1521 brake pads make most sense. It wasn't clear how to request those though so I'd figure I'd ask here. Also, anyone know who could install them in Seattle or as far south as portland?

Hi all, first post from new member but long-time Roadster enthusiast from the beginning. Finally got my own in 2015 :)
I had called Dave last October and ordered a set and I just added anther set for a friend.

IMG_0258.JPG

Hi all, first post from new member but long-time Roadster enthusiast from the beginning. Finally got my own in 2015 :)
I had called Dave last October and ordered a set and I just added anther set for a friend.

View attachment 183567

Welcome to the club :) Glad you were able to dig up an extra set of rotors after the 1st group-buy, I know Dave made a few extras so I presume that's how you scored so late in the game. Nice you turned your friend on too, curious what # we're up to now with the order.

By the way, the drive from Half Moon Bay down to Santa Cruz along the coast is quite spectacular.

Thanks for the welcome! Not sure about the current order but we are getting close to 20. I didn't manage to get any of the spares but got on the list early for the current order. I had some scary moments a while ago when I had to brake suddenly and the brakes weren't grabbing initially so I am really looking forward to the new rotors/pads.

Right, I was just down in Santa Cruz last Sunday to watch Buckethead play at the Catalyst :)

BucketHead! Nice. I wanted to go to that and missed it, sure it was a great show.

Gotcha, I had though Dave sold off his extra pairs quite quickly after the first build. Cool that you bumped up the build list, so yes its getting closer and closer to initiate another build.

You'll love the rotors and combined with the right brakes they work awesome and those "scary" moments is the pure reason why I connected up with Dave searching for an improvement with the issue. I figured any front end collision no matter how small would pay off for the upgrade, plus I'd never feel the same if my Roadster ever got damaged... especially if it could have been prevented by being proactive to remedy a known problem.

Its nice knowing that you have the braking bite you need on hand if and when a quick response situation may occur, and it doesn't come just down to property damage. Good brakes can prevent you from hitting a bystander if they accidentally dart in front of your car.

Good braking is everything with anything.