Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

now that I have a Tesla, my phone battery lasts only 24 hours

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn't help. Already said it showed Tesla app using 3%, but running entire time since last charge. Showed about 5 apps totaling less than 20%.

Few things to consider here;

- do you see a difference in consumption when Tesla App is installed but not set as a key?

- it battery consumption by apps is taking only 20% what is the break down for screen time, OS overhead, etc? We still need to get to 100.

- How is battery affected if you completely uninstall the App and use your physical key card?

- what is your proximity to your car generally when carrying the phone?

- when you open the Tesla App, do you also terminate the App when exiting?

Few things to consider here;

- do you see a difference in consumption when Tesla App is installed but not set as a key?

- it battery consumption by apps is taking only 20% what is the break down for screen time, OS overhead, etc? We still need to get to 100.

- How is battery affected if you completely uninstall the App and use your physical key card?

- what is your proximity to your car generally when carrying the phone?

- when you open the Tesla App, do you also terminate the App when exiting?

GolanB, I will get back to you after my next charge.
I did not run the Tesla app at all after my last charge and as expected, after 36 hours, I still have 25% charge left, which equates to what I originally described; 48 hours of battery time.
After I charge tomorrow, I will open the Tesla app. I don't recall if I kept it running in the background or not, but 10.5 hours after finishing the charge, my phone said it used 3% battery, but was running 10.5 hours. I am pretty sure I closed it with a swipe. I finally force stopped it after that.
Generally I am not within range of my car when not driving. The front screen notification says Tesla disconnected.
I normally terminate the app, but I don't go in that often.
I can safely say uninstalling the app won't have an effect since not using the app at all gave me the same length of battery as before I got the car.

GolanB, I will get back to you after my next charge.
I did not run the Tesla app at all after my last charge and as expected, after 36 hours, I still have 25% charge left, which equates to what I originally described; 48 hours of battery time.
After I charge tomorrow, I will open the Tesla app. I don't recall if I kept it running in the background or not, but 10.5 hours after finishing the charge, my phone said it used 3% battery, but was running 10.5 hours. I am pretty sure I closed it with a swipe. I finally force stopped it after that.
Generally I am not within range of my car when not driving. The front screen notification says Tesla disconnected.
I normally terminate the app, but I don't go in that often.
I can safely say uninstalling the app won't have an effect since not using the app at all gave me the same length of battery as before I got the car.

So...it may have been my excitement on the first day with my car that I may have been using the app too often or using other apps more often, because I am back to 48 hour battery life. I tried with force stopping the Tesla app, keeping it running in the background, bluetooth on the entire time (it's too much of a pain to stop it), etc. Ever since the first two days, I have not seen any noticeable battery drain. I'm just a dolt.