Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Now that need for annual maintenance is gone...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would you still do the maintenance? What items would you do and how often? I have an 2 year maintenance appointment coming up that I made prior to the announcement. Now, I'm wondering if i should still show up or should I cancel the appointment. I called the service center for advice, they are clueless. Please note I did not pre-pay for the maintenance. Thanks.

Last edited:
I think that the guidance from Tesla is saying that when they do the maintenance, they don't find anything wrong, so why continue to do it?
I think that you should still have the maintenance schedule in your paper manual, take a look and see what makes sense. Maybe you just go a little further before doing some of the items. If you drive in dusty conditions, maybe you do need to change the air filter.

But I date say that if you take it in for service, they have a single price SKU that covers everything.

...clueless...

Your new 2nd year maintenance for your Model X are:

1) Cabin Air Filter / 2 years

2) Rotation, Balance, Wheel Alignment 10,000-12,000 miles

3) Brake Fluid Test / 2 years

Prior to that, an inspection plan would also do:

3) Brake Fluid replacement, not test.

4) A/C desiccant bag replacement

5) Key fob battery replacement (set)

6) Wiper blade set replacement

7) Multi-point inspection

I think the one that costs Tesla the most is the last item, number 7, inspection.

If there's no inspection, then there's nothing wrong to be discovered and fixed.

In the past since 2012, Tesla did my inspections and fixed my things for free that were totally unrelated to maintenance.

So, I would go ahead and keep your appointment but I would pay for current recommended items from 1 through 3.

The old inspection plan would cost you $825 this single time so I think you won't pay that much if you forego that and only go for 3 items this time.

Reactions: dragonxt