Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Now this is luxury!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mspohr

Jul 27, 2014
California
Mercedes' Electric Maybach SUV Comes With a Built-In Tea Kettle, Because Fancy

It is often debated whether Tesla is a true "luxury" car and Tesla has been criticized for not having enough bells and whistles to be a real "luxury" car.
As THE standard of luxury, I offer this Mercedes Maybach concept vehicle unveiled at the Beijing auto show.
"The car starts with an overly long hood (despite the absence of an engine to put in it), and the rear two thirds look as if they have been contracted and converted into some extra height. More pleasing exterior details include turbine-style, 24-inch wheels, and door handles that lie flush against the body, and pop out when in use, like the ones on a Tesla."

It has an outrageously oversized grill (all the better to cool that electric motor). Also... glass in the roof!

If you look at the pictures of the interior, you'll see that it comes with a tea set and flowers and lots of fancy stitching on the upholstery. The dashboard is a riot of grills, pockets and CHROME!!! The inside is ALL WHITE!

I think Tesla can only aspire to such heights of luxury and will have a hard time keeping up ;)

It is often debated whether Tesla is a true "luxury" car and Tesla has been criticized for not having enough bells and whistles to be a real "luxury" car.

I think they have mostly been criticized for build quality and materials used. And while I like my S, there is a lot to improve for a future generation S (and X). I've even heard the Model 3 has better build quality, than the Model S...

As THE standard of luxury, I offer this Mercedes Maybach concept vehicle unveiled at the Beijing auto show.
"The car starts with an overly long hood (despite the absence of an engine to put in it), and the rear two thirds look as if they have been contracted and converted into some extra height. More pleasing exterior details include turbine-style, 24-inch wheels, and door handles that lie flush against the body, and pop out when in use, like the ones on a Tesla."

It has an outrageously oversized grill (all the better to cool that electric motor). Also... glass in the roof!

If you look at the pictures of the interior, you'll see that it comes with a tea set and flowers and lots of fancy stitching on the upholstery. The dashboard is a riot of grills, pockets and CHROME!!! The inside is ALL WHITE!

I think Tesla can only aspire to such heights of luxury and will have a hard time keeping up ;)
Lordy, Lordy... This car makes me mildly nauseous :eek:

I do think this is purpose built for the Chinese market. They will love it.

Of course it is. Who else - other than the Chinese (and maybe members of the British aristocracy) - would buy a totally overpriced, overstyled ultra-luxury car with a tea set in the center console? Ok, come to think of it, the Middle Eastern markets might also be interested. The more you think about it, this exercise in research for potential markets might turn into a list like this one:

:p

• Funny
Reactions: bak_phy