Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NVX Boost Subwoofer upgrade - installed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a strange and bad design for that Boost box on the Model Y. Odd, because the ones they make for Model 3 and Model S are really good.

Having it not fill the space vertically, and clip the speaker at the rim edge just looks sloppy and bad. Not even taking into account it doesn't fit properly anymore and crimps the grill. Why did they not move the speaker up and make a bigger box to use that otherwise wasted space? Strange.

Might be worth pinging their support people if you haven't already. I've had fairly good experiences with them.

Model 3 variant for comparison:

1689365978553.png

Reactions: St3phen
It seems their boost box does not fit the 2023 Y and will need some tweaks. Believe their website says it is for a 2020-2022 Y.
It actually says 2020-Up

That’s OK though, because now I’m on a mission to fix a bandpass or ported box for the sub trunk. NVX actually has a ported box for their 10” sub, but it’s slightly too large. Looking for something comparable - needs to be around 1.2cubic in total enclosure space (if just a ported box)

It actually says 2020-Up

That’s OK though, because now I’m on a mission to fix a bandpass or ported box for the sub trunk. NVX actually has a ported box for their 10” sub, but it’s slightly too large. Looking for something comparable - needs to be around 1.2cubic in total enclosure space (if just a ported box)
Wow, definitely need to update their site. Hopefully they will take back this box since you are going full custom. Their amp and LOC work great, but the whole point of the box is a great fit and good sound.

Reactions: TwoK4drSi
Wow, definitely need to update their site. Hopefully they will take back this box since you are going full custom. Their amp and LOC work great, but the whole point of the box is a great fit and good sound.
Whoever is installing this I highly suggest doing the bass knob and LOC separate. It’s vastly different in terms of song choices and bass input. I find myself adjusting both for each song for different bass intensity and resonance.

Also if you pair these with the alpines from HepaKing…you’ll hear a much a substantial clarity difference of mids and highs.

Reactions: C-Bus Y
Whoever is installing this I highly suggest doing the bass knob and LOC separate. It’s vastly different in terms of song choices and bass input. I find myself adjusting both for each song for different bass intensity and resonance.

Also if you pair these with the alpines from HepaKing…you’ll hear a much a substantial clarity difference of mids and highs.

Post a pic of where you placed your “knobs” within the cabin.

I’m at that point of installation and I can use some inspiration. (Don’t mind how dirty the car is, is overdue for a wash).

IMG_3936.jpeg

Almost there….

IMG_3939.jpeg

Post a pic of where you placed your “knobs” within the cabin.

I’m at that point of installation and I can use some inspiration. (Don’t mind how dirty the car is, is overdue for a wash).

View attachment 957479

Almost there….

View attachment 957485
Mine are within hands reach along with my airlift controller, tank purge, and remote 12v readout with autoshutoff / touch control for accessories.
IMG_8450.jpeg

After playing with the remote knob for the LOC I don’t really see the necessity. It’s seems to be just another “volume” control and not really changing anything musically. That’s just what I’ve seen over the last few hours. I’ll keep for now since it’s already wired up.

Some songs are low on bass while others are bass heavy. You can dial in the bass song by song if you want. I use mine all of the time.
For sure I hear the difference of using the remote knob for the amp. I’m referring to also utilizing a remote knob for the LOC. I’m currently running both and I was just stating that the latter seems to just be redundant IMO.

Last edited:
I think you mean you’re running the bass control knob from the Amplifier judging from your picture above.
I may have to try these if my subs fall apart.

I removed the grilles since they were causing a weird baffling noise, but then the speakers are starting to crack from pushing into the trunk trim side pieces. I've moved the trim pieces inward for now.

View attachment 950014View attachment 950015
I also could not get that same trim piece to fit flush on the passenger side for the life of me. The combination of the subwoofer grille, the additional signal and speaker wiring definitely do not help at all.

I think you mean you’re running the bass control knob from the Amplifier judging from your picture above.

I also could not get that same trim piece to fit flush on the passenger side for the life of me. The combination of the subwoofer grille, the additional signal and speaker wiring definitely do not help at all.
Hmm, I came from underneath the support beam and the piece went back like stock…because there was nothing in the way.

Some shots of the wires going under the beams then coming back up.

Attachments

• IMG_3352.jpeg
    IMG_3352.jpeg
    801.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 64540924351__1130E4D8-3819-4855-A4E4-F4CD86BAC16E.jpeg
    64540924351__1130E4D8-3819-4855-A4E4-F4CD86BAC16E.jpeg
    486.6 KB · Views: 46
  • 64537882099__E2CE0815-D140-4150-8649-86E9570D42A4.jpeg
    64537882099__E2CE0815-D140-4150-8649-86E9570D42A4.jpeg
    631.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 64512180131__F8DE8081-C584-413F-ACDD-C87067E472BA.jpeg
    64512180131__F8DE8081-C584-413F-ACDD-C87067E472BA.jpeg