Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[NY] Albany/Capital District EV Drivers Group

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NDEW%202015-page-001_zps7mskferw.jpg

Our biggest event of the year, for National Drive Electric Week!

Event registration page and full details: National Drive Electric Week Event - Albany

I would like to extend an invitation to all Tesla drivers in the Albany, NY Capital District area.

I am seeking local EV drivers for social and driving EV events and gatherings. I have started a new FaceBook group called the Albany Capital District EV Drivers.

Mission statement: To assemble a local group of EV enthusiasts to socialize, organize group outings at local car shows, and possibly put on some EV economy competitions or driving tours as well.

If you know of any EV drivers in a 60 or so mile radius of the capital region, please let me [or them] know about the group I have put together.

Tesla, Mitsubishi i-Miev, Nissan Leaf, Smart ED, Ford Focus EV, Honda Fit EV, BMW Active E, Chevy Volt, it's all good!

Thanks, Mike
Hi Mike, we in Knox NY are trying to get a few EV enthusiasts to come to a knox Earthday event to demo some EV cars. Also, we are trying to put in an EV charging station at the town hall, and would love some support at a town meeting. Please contact me. [email protected]. Thanks!

Calling all Tesla drivers: Please register [with or without an EV] to join us at our 5th annual Capital District NDEW event.

Date: Saturday, September 9, 2017
Hours: 10:00 am to 3:00 pm

Details and registration: National Drive Electric Week Event - Schenectady

Fun for the whole family:

Free Admission

EV Test Drives. Six dealers will new electric vehicles available for you to drive.

There will be two festivals, Little Italy and a Greek festival with food and music. A NYSERDA outreach event and other attractions.

Take part in our EV group photo. There will be a Wellness Fair next door. The Albany Bicycle Rescue folks will be there with bikes.

There will be Solar power vendor displays to show the advantages of making your own clean energy and saving money.

unnamed%204_zpsninct7ze.png

q8hZ4VB.jpg

Guilderland Supercharger Ribbon Cutting Ceremony

Please join in with the Capital District EV Drivers Group to celebrate the new 20 stall facility!

Tesla is excited to invite you, your family and friends to attend a ribbon cutting ceremony and celebration for their newest Supercharger Station in Albany at Crossgates Mall. If you’re interested in attending, kindly RSVP here: Celebrate Our Newest Supercharger in Albany

When: Tuesday, September 5 at 11 AM
Where: 1 Crossgates Mall Rd. Albany [across the lot from Dave and Buster's]

Hi All

My new Tesla model 3
q8hZ4VB.jpg

Guilderland Supercharger Ribbon Cutting Ceremony

Please join in with the Capital District EV Drivers Group to celebrate the new 20 stall facility!

Tesla is excited to invite you, your family and friends to attend a ribbon cutting ceremony and celebration for their newest Supercharger Station in Albany at Crossgates Mall. If you’re interested in attending, kindly RSVP here: Celebrate Our Newest Supercharger in Albany

When: Tuesday, September 5 at 11 AM
Where: 1 Crossgates Mall Rd. Albany [across the lot from Dave and Buster's]

On Tuesday night August 28th, the Capital District EV Drivers made history in holding the nation's first all electric drive-in movie event at the Greenville Drive-In and Outdoor Cinema. That's right, no gas cars were allowed at all. Yes, little ole us in upstate NY and not a group in CA or the west coast. These are my photos and Matthew VanDerlofske's drone shots. What movie did we watch? "Who Killed the Electric Car" of course. Chris Paine had given us permission to screen his film. Even if you had seen the 2006 documentary, it had probably been years and this important film is loaded with juicy details of how EVs were taken away from the public against their will almost 20 years ago.

For some of us, this was a positively emotional experience, seeing this documentary on the big screen in the company of fellow members. Most of us sat outside in the beer garden and watched it together. There are loudspeakers there so you don't need to sit in your car to hear it.

Many thanks to Dwight Grimm and Leigh Van Swall, who agreed to take a chance on our group and open up their facility for us on a Tuesday evening for our special event. They rescued the Greenville Drive-In in 2015 after it had gone out of business and had laid dormant for years. Their story is here: https://www.kickstarter.com/…/58000…/the-greenville-drive-in.

One of the unique features of this drive-in is the beer garden. Actually, it is much more than that. Dwight is a great bar tender and can make some truly amazing cocktails, often from locally grown and produced ingredients. For instance, I had a Schoharie Mule, which Dwight made with Storyhouse Vodka from the KyMar Distillery in Charlotteville, NY.

I can't say enough about the Greenville Drive-In and the Capital District EV Drivers for making this unique event a truly historic and inspiring one.

40298035_10212913278686960_6999017566702141440_n.jpg

40380125_10212913280727011_4192193672114077696_n.jpg

40424745_10212913279206973_6031018580559003648_n.jpg

40441121_10212913282527056_118851116698959872_n.jpg

40414416_10217419375098750_2665676893985964032_o.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BagheeraNY