Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NYC area delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m supposed to take delivery on this coming Wednesday for a MY LR AWD FSD white. Still waiting on paperwork to make sense, as the numbers are all skewed. This was supposed to be a home delivery, but I spoke with Mt Kisco, and they told me I have to pick the car up...

Just got a call from delivery center and advisor, all deliveries as of Monday are postponed for foreseeable future. Really annoyed, especially since my car is sitting on the lot and I can drive up and look at it :/

If my car is going to sit there for 2 months might even differ order and wait for a new one off the line in 2 months.

Just got a call from delivery center and advisor, all deliveries as of Monday are postponed for foreseeable future. Really annoyed, especially since my car is sitting on the lot and I can drive up and look at it :/

If my car is going to sit there for 2 months might even differ order and wait for a new one off the line in 2 months.
At least you didn't already take out your loan like I did. So Tesla is sitting on the cash I borrowed. :mad: I sure hope this doesn't go on too long.

At least you didn't already take out your loan like I did. So Tesla is sitting on the cash I borrowed. :mad: I sure hope this doesn't go on too long.

Yea I purposely have been sitting on my car loan app and have not signed it until I know 100% im getting the car. That really sucks, if its a tesla loan they should at least suspend it until you get your car.

Here's what the Tesla Inside Delivery Supervisor wrote:

So with the NY state closure (mainly the DMV) we are not able to do any NY state deliveries. We are monitoring everything very closely and trying to do our best to get customers cars as soon as possible.​

They should be able to issue temp registrations for 30 days. All this stuff is done electronically anyway, dont know why DMV offices closing have anything to do with it. Dont see a reason why they cant do touches deliveries like cali is doing with the same shutdown measures.

Reactions: Aarons12
My status page suddenly started asking for "details" early last week, and after giving it due consideration I decided I was going to wait out the CR virus and not go ahead with the order. I feel somewhat vindicated after reading some of the above posts. I also feel Tesla should do the right thing and temporarily refund full payments made by anyone who's trapped in "delivery hell" where delivery is not possible because of government shutdowns and or restrictions put in place.

Reactions: Electric Steve
Just got this text below...not getting excited because im sure its some sort of glitch...anyone else get this?

Tesla Update - The Mt. Kisco Delivery Center has reopened and we are ready to deliver your Model Y.

We have shifted our delivery experience to a contactless, express model. Check in, sign paperwork in your Model Y, watch tutorial videos on the touchscreen, and drive.

We will be sending a scheduling message shortly, please select an appointment with the link provided.​

• Informative
not really sure, maybe they opened the electronic part. but i'm transferring plates so no issue for me. i mean eventually yes, but 30 day temp is fine to pick up

I just got off the phone with Mt. Kisco...scheduled my delivery for today at 5PM!! Super excited that I dont have to wait for all this madness to be over. According to them Gov Cuomo labeled car deliveries as essential, thats why everything was opened up again in NY.

I just got off the phone with Mt. Kisco...scheduled my delivery for today at 5PM!! Super excited that I dont have to wait for all this madness to be over. According to them Gov Cuomo labeled car deliveries as essential, thats why everything was opened up again in NY.
yes i got a call confirming tomorrow at noon. congrats and now we have something to do while sitting home...