Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OBD2 port source for un-switched 12V power

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ATPMSD

Mar 12, 2021
Atlanta, GA
This has likely posted elsewhere but I thought I would share. In Tesla‘s, although there is no need for an OBD2 port one still exists - this is in addition to the CAN Bus. You can tap into the OBD2 bus to get a 12V un-switched power source. The link below will take you to an Amazon page with a number of options, if you have such a need.

This has likely posted elsewhere but I thought I would share. In Tesla‘s, although there is no need for an OBD2 port one still exists - this is in addition to the CAN Bus. You can tap into the OBD2 bus to get a 12V un-switched power source. The link below will take you to an Amazon page with a number of options, if you have such a need.

Thanks for the post. Didn’t realize they made something like this. I thought I’d have to make my own hack by following this article

Installing a Spiegel magsafe charger on my dash.

Whats the current rating for OBD2 port?

I noticed that the ODBC2 un-swiched 12 V occured after getting a software update following the Hertz annoncement of the 100k order. So I think this was related.

I imagine that fleet companies need to instal a device allowing them to get status informations such as GPS location, speed, mileage and battery charge....

My ODBC reader stays on all the time now but goes in sleep mode after few minutes.