Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OBD2 port

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone aware of a converter from Tesla’s old OBD2 connector to the new style OBD2 two style connector? I was trying to install a rear display in my 2018 model 3, but the connector is the wrong size. I have checked with the vendor, but it might be a while before I can get a response as they are starting their Chinese new year.

50F65D45-99E8-4389-979F-097D734437A1.jpeg
4A4D8CAD-62B8-4FE7-BA2A-F1D739285F40.jpeg

Is anyone aware of a converter from Tesla’s old OBD2 connector to the new style OBD2 two style connector? I was trying to install a rear display in my 2018 model 3, but the connector is the wrong size. I have checked with the vendor, but it might be a while before I can get a response as they are starting their Chinese new year.
This is the S forum, but I'll try and help. First, those are not ODB2 connectors, but the Tesla internal connector. It sounds like you are trying to get to CAN bus data and power, which that white connector has (it is different on the S/X). As space is limited in the Model 3, you really need to get the correct connector from your vendor. I'm not aware of any "connector changer". There are two connector types depending on the 3's manufacturing date.

Here are more details on the connectors for S/X/3/Y and pinouts: Extracting Internal Vehicle Data – TeslaTap

Thanks, I am waiting to hear back from the vendor, but the info you supplied will make it clearer for them to understand my issue. I thought it was the intel/mad processor issue I found with my front tap. I have already added the Obd2 adapter, but now I would like to add a rear display.

FE6371F9-674A-4B52-A257-B71243554D53.jpeg

Just heard from the vendor and they are sending me a new cable

Last edited: