Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Obviously Solution - Easy change of wiper speed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all!
I think we can all agree the auto wipers are not the best on the market by a long shot. I found auto wipers in my previous cars to be excellent, but the 3 is very hit or miss. Thus I find myself manually changing wiper speeds often. Changing on the screen is not a big deal, but having the stalk like other cars would be handy. Then I realized such a simple solution that now that I realize it cannot do it is quite an annoyance...

The wiper button on the end of the stalk is a dual action button. Light tap engages a single wipe and heavy tap engages washer fluid; both make the wiper speed dispaly on the screen. Why do they not make it that light taps in succssion change between the wiper speed intervals!!!!! It seems so obvious and would eliminate most, if not all, frustration people have of there not being a traditional setting with the wiper stalk!

Now that I realized this, it is quite aggravating they didn't do it. Am I missing something or is this such a simple solution?

I agree, I’ve had better wipers.
Specialty, I like putting wipers on auto and just let them do their thing. Unfortunately, I find the auto setting on the M3 to run just a bit too slow for rain storms (at least here in North Texas). I find that I have to supplement the wiper speed with frequent pushes on the button on the end of the stock.
But with a Tesla, they can improve this with over the air updates.