TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Ocala to Savannah Route

Discussion in 'Florida' started by OcalaHorse, May 27, 2015.

1. OcalaHorse

OcalaHorse New Member

I have a Model S 85D that was delivered earlier this month. If I start with a full charge in Ocala, any suggestions on routing and length of the charging stops? Also, I will need to tool around Savannah on arrival and eventually go to Macon. So I will need to get to the "Savannah" (airport) supercharger so I have the ability to run errands thereafter. Many thanks!

2. fuelsman

fuelsman Member

It's 240 miles between the Ocala and Savannah Superchargers. A long way doable only at lower speeds. If you have a CHADeMO adapter there is Greenlots charger at the JEA Building on Main St. downtown. Or Ocala-Palatka-St. Augustine for the St. Augustine Supercharger. Depending on how much driving around Savannah you might need to re charge leaving to go to Macon. Savannah has Level 2 chargers at the Visitor Center, Forysth Park, and Whitaker St. garage. There is also a new Greenlots CHADeMO charger at Johnson Square a block south of city hall.

3. Drucifer

Drucifer Active Member

Yep. A Jacksonville S/C would be really useful here.

4. KeithM

KeithM Member

From Ocala, I just go through the forest and Palatka to the St. Augustine SC, then to Savannah. No range worries and not much further than a direct route.

5. rogbmw

rogbmw Member

Yes - go through the forest via 40, and either jump on 19 up to Palatka then across 16 to the outlet center and recharge, or stay on 40 over to just north of Deland, then up the road to St. Augustine and the outlet center for a recharge. We do both from Mt. Dora all the time. Plus - your "Pucker Factor" will be much less than driving on 10 and 95 :)